Chapter 6: Sad Goodbyes

“Wake up already!” Someone yelled right in my ear.

I bury my head into the pillow, as they started to shake me but I didn't budge.

“Wake upppp sleepy boo!” Someone repeated.

“Don't won't to.” I mumbled into the pillow and turned over.

I yawned and pulled the sheets over my face.

Then someone ripped the blankets completely away from me and let them fall on the floor in a heap.

“COLDNESS!” I screamed and sat up.

“Finally you're up.” She says with a relief as I squint and glanced up at the figure.

"Valerie?” I asked confused. “What day is it?”

“THE DAY.” Valerie shrieked and jumped up and down.

“Oh really?” I yawned and stretched my arms out, before I lay back down on the bed.

“DELILAH!” Valerie frowned.

I smirked. “All right Val. I'm getting up! Don't yell like that.” I kicked her in the side of the leg.

“Ouch,” Valerie laughed, “That didn't even hurt.”

I kicked her even harder but she just laughed and looked at my pathetically, right before I gave her one last kick and she yelped.

“Ow ow ow ow.” She groaned and hopped around the room and in pain.

I smiled in accomplishment.

“What was that for?” She pouted and crossed her arms, after she'd finished hopping around the room.

“For waking me up.” I grumbled and got up off the bed.

“But I had to otherwise you would of slept in all morning.” Valerie laughed and picked up my blankets from the floor and threw them back up on the bed.

“Yeah as if.” I rolled my eyes.

I walked to the bathroom as Valerie followed me and continued rambling on about me and sleeping in.

“Okay Val so just let me jump in the shower quickly. Tell Mum I'll be down in a minute,” I said as I pulled my hair back in a hair tie.

“Now leave!” I yelled as she quickly walked out of the bathroom and shut the door behind her.

“Oh by the way Val?” I called after her.

“YEAH?”

“Are we going to the airport together?” I yelled.

“YES! Your Dad is going to drive us there.” Valerie shouted back.

Dad I thought quickly as a smile crept up on my face.

“DAD? HE'S BACK?” I grinned.

I dashed over to the shower and turned it on, before jumping in and feeling instantly 100% better.

After what seemed like only a 5 minute shower, but apparently it was more like an hour according to Valerie, I was feeling much more awake now.

I grabbed a towel off the towel rack, wrapping it around me, I dashed back across the hallway and back into my bedroom and slammed the door behind me.

I go into my empty wardrobe and picked out the last remaining clothes.

I wore my red coat, tight black jeans and brown leather ankle boots.

I quickly blow dried my hair but it was pointless cause I just left it loose.

I made my way downstairs as I smelt breakfast.

“Aw, look at you Delilah.” Mum explained as I first walked into the kitchen and came over to me.

“Thanks Mum.” I smiled.

“All grown up. Your growing up too fast.” Mum said with tears brimming to her eyes.

“Mum it's okay, I'll always be your baby.” I reassured her and she grabbed me into a hug.

“I'm sorry, I shouldn't do this.” Mum scolded herself and wiped her eyes.

I guess me, her only child, moving out of home is quite a major thing for Mum. I know I've always tried convincing her to let me move out and live with Valerie in a flat together when I was about 17, but those conversations never ended well. Until this time.

I rubbed Mum's back, “It's okay Mum.”

She sniffed and went back to making something on the bench, “Are you hungry cause we have some waffles for you.” She smiled.

“Oh yes please.” I grinned and sat down at the dining table, next to Valerie.

I heard footsteps coming down the staircase which instantly reminded me, Dads home!

I quickly got up and rushed to the staircase, “Dad!” I shrieked and raced to give him a hug.

“Hello Delilah.” He said and put a hand on my shoulders.

“I missed you! You were like gone forever, but now your here.” I smiled and hugged him again.

“Uh let me put down this suitcase so I can give my little girl a proper hug.” He chuckled and placed down my suitcase and pulled me into his arms.

“Oh by the way, is that all you want to bring to London?” He asked me as we pulled out.

“Dad,” I smirked, “I have two other bags full of things.”

“What other bags?” He asked, pulling my chain.

“The ones that I can see sitting by the doorstep.” I giggled and pointed to the open front door.

“Oh those ones.” He replied and I laughed.

“Okay well I'll put your things into my car boot, cause I'm being your taxi to the airport.” He nodded and picked my suitcase up off the floor and walked out the front door.

*~*~*

After having breakfast and saying a goodbye to Mum, we left for the airport.

The goodbye with Mum was quite upsetting, but then she was all happy for me growing up to being a proper young lady. And she's so proud of me. So that made me feel a bit better about finally leaving for the airport. I will miss her and Dad still.

We'd been driving for at least half an hour and I let out a screech when we finally got to the airport car park.

I jumped out of the car and looked around.

“Bit chilly.” Valerie shivered and slammed her door shut, while Dad opened the car boot.

I grabbed my suitcases out of the boot while Valerie grabbed hers.

“You both get to your destination safely now, won't you?” Dad asked, as we nodded.

“Bye Dad.” I squeezed him tightly in a hug.

“Bye Delilah, I'll miss you. Love you.” He replied.

“Love you too.”

“And goodbye Valerie.” He nodded.

“Goodbye Mr. Lawrence.” She smiled, hugging him.

With that he hopped back into his car. He waved to us as he put his seatbelt on, before driving off.

We waved back and started our way across the airport car park.

I had my two suitcases, and my backpack. But they were surprisingly light, even though I stuffed everything possible in.

Author's Note: Okay, so I thought this was kinda a short chapter... hope you didn't mind. Should I make them longer? Or is this length fine.

So I know some of you think these are annoying, so I'll try to do less of them! Thanks for reading. And hope you enjoy the rest of the chapters to come! -Laura :)