Chapter 23: Starbucks

We've had a walk around the city, and gone shopping and it was now 4:30pm and we were at Starbucks.

“Looking for new employee.” I read out a sign that was hanging in the window, as Harry placed an iced coffee in front of me and sat down.

“What are you reading?” He asked.

“Just that sign over there,” I pointed, as he turned around and looked.

“I wonder if I could get a job here. Do you think they'd hire me?” I said, as Harry turned back to me.

“Of course they would!” Harry replied, as I took a sip of my iced coffee.

“Because I do need to get a job.” I shrugged.

“I can go ask if you want?” Harry suggested.

“It's okay, finish your drink, we'll ask before we leave.” I said, as he nodded back.

After we had finished we our drinks, I walked up to the till a bit nervous, with Harry beside me.

I stand by counter, as a girl with blonde hair comes out.

“Hello, how can I help you?” She asked.

“Oh hi, I was wondering if I could get a job here? Your sign on the window says your looking for a new employee?” I said.

“Oh yes, hang on while I get my manger.” She smiled, before disappearing into the kitchen.

Before long, she re-emerged with obviously the manger; a tall guy with short black hair.

“Hello, I'm Jerry.” He greeted, putting out his hand.

“Hi, I'm Delilah.” I replied, shaking his hand.

“I heard you wanted a job here.” He said, as I nodded.

After a little conversation about the in and outs of the job hours and work shifts, he finally gave me the job and went back into the staff room.

My job starts on Monday at 7! Better be setting my alarm, can't trust myself to wake up on my own.

“We better get to know each other since we're gonna have the same shift hours,” The girl with blonde hair said, “Hi, I'm Victoria.”

“Delilah.” I smiled.

“Awh, that's a cute name.” She grinned.

“Thanks.” I replied, as she suddenly looked up at Harry.

“Are you in that boy band, One Direction?” She asked.

“Yep.” Harry replied.

“Oh wow. My best friend is absolutely loopy about you guys.” The girl nodded back, “Well I better go, nice meeting you both. And I'll see you on Monday Delilah. We can get to know each other a bit better then.” She smiled.

“Oh okay, bye.” I replied, before she went out back again.

“Okay, let's go then.” I say to Harry, and we walk out the doors.

~Harry's P.O.V (Point Of View)~

“Wow, you got that job fast.” I exclaimed as Delilah laughed, while we walked across the road to my car.

"You think?” She asked as I nodded.

I unlocked the car, and we climbed in and I pull out of the car park, driving off.

My phone starts ringing as I stopped at a red light.

“Hello?” I answered quickly.

“Harry! Why did you escape like that this morning?!” Paul harshly replied back.