Chapter 29: New Visitors

“Hey guys….” The girl with the bright smile trailed off as her eyes fell on me and Zola.

“A-are you Delilah?” I asked, unable to hide my surprise as the realization hit me. She replied with a quick frantic nod.

“Aria!!” She gushed as she pulled me into a hug. “You finally made it to London!” She grinned at me and I returned it with a smile.Delilah pulled away from me as she looked down to Zola, who was nervously biting on the edge of her jacket sleeve.

“Aren’t you a cute wee youngster,” Delilah cooed. “Who’s this cutie?” She asked, turning towards me while taking Zola’s hand in hers.

“That’s Zola, my little sister.” I replied.

“Awww, you’re so adorable!” Delilah exclaimed as she picked up Zola in her arms and stood back from the doorway. “Sorry guys, come in!” We all removed our shoes while Niall took hold of all our jackets and hung them up on a rack.We all made our way down the wood floored hallway, the air getting warmer as I went deeper into the heated home. We stopped at a wide doorway.

Go make yourself comfortable in the lounge.” Delilah offered, gesturing to the door.

I nodded and walked in, seating myself down on a bright red leather sofa in the center of the room.Nadia ran off somewhere upstairs as Niall disappeared into the kitchen.

“Where’s Harry?” Nadia asked as she hurried down the stairs and joined me on the couch.

“He just jumped into the shower; he slipped over some mud puddle when we were out, and got covered head to toe in dirty water.” Delilah giggled.

“Where’d you guys go anyway?” Nadia asked, slipping off her white jersey and pulling down the sleeves of shirt.

“Well first we went to this restaurant just out of London, and then we headed to the town fair for a little while. We bumped into Zayn and Perrie there actually,” Delilah answered, poking logs into the huge, blazing fireplace. She stood up and wiped the ashes of her jeans.

Zola let out a sudden shriek, taking me by surprise. Whipping my head around, I scanned the room to see what had caused my sister to become so startled. Right then, I caught sight of a fluffy cat, curled up in a cat bed. I sighed in relief. She had me worried there for a second.

She giggled as she skipped over to where the ginger and white patched animal was peacefully sleeping. Out of all the things it could be doing right now…It was sleeping. I don’t blame it though. I myself was exhausted, and wouldn’t mind a nap myself.

This last week has been so hectic. I’ve been on the go for hours on end, trying to get extra work hours, while managing to every else in between. All I’ve wanted to do these last days is to stay in my pajamas and watch movies 24/7 on the comfort of my couch.

“Gosh, you guys must be freezing! I’ll go turn up the heat and make us some hot chocolate?” Delilah suggested. As I raised my head up to look at Delilah, I caught sight of Niall standing in the doorway. As I met his gorgeous blue eyes, I blushed furiously, and turned away instantly.

“So, is Harry gonna get out of that shower soon?” Niall complained as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. “He can cook us something to eat?”

“You’re so impatient.” Delilah smirked. Niall attempted to hit her with his arm, but she dodged successfully.

“Can I have a hot chocolate?” He called as he chased Delilah down the hall.

My attention was drawn back to Zola as I hear a weak meow.

“Aw, Zola’s giving big cuddles to Crumpets.” Nadia grinned as she plopped back into the couch across from me.