Chapter 33: Movie Time

The whole ride home was in silence as I stared aimlessly out the car window, at all the passing lights. Watching raindrops drenching the glass, making the street lights and neon signs distorted.

Once we got home, everyone was getting the lounge ready as I got the food ready.

Someone touched my shoulder as I emptied out the groceries from the shopping bags, onto the island.

“You sure you’re okay Delilah?” Someone mumbled as I looked back to a blonde haired boy.

“Yes Niall, I already explained in the car..it was just a little brain mess up.” I shrugged him off as I placed the bottles of soda into the fridge.

“You suurreee?” He pestered on.

“Mmhmm.” I nodded, forcing a smile as I grabbed a dozen bowls and plates from the cupboards.

Niall narrowed his eyes at me as I raised an eyebrow back. “What Niall? You’re not gonna put me in a mental hospital are you?”

He giggled, “I’m thinking about it...nah you’re all fine, it happens to the best of us.” He teased as he chuckled for the last time and walked out of the kitchen as Nadia came in and replaced his space behind the island.

“I heard what happened at the supermarket? You sure you’re all fine still for the sleepover? I can call it off to another night, it’s up to you..” She asked as she put lipstick on in front of a pocket mirror.

“And ruin it for everyone? I’m fine! Gosh it’s been the first time it’s happened to me Nadia, you guys are overreacting. Now go quickly do a tidy up of the lounge! Our guests will be here shortly, in like half an hour.” I laughed lightly as she rolled her eyes.

“Sure sure, but they won’t even notice. It will get messy again anyway.” She muttered as I winked as she grabbed her cardigan and left the room.

I started filling up a jug of water at the sink to put back in the fridge to chill. “Who’s coming here anyway?” I shouted over the rushing sink tap.

“LOADS OF PEOPLE!” Nadia shouted as she came in with a arm full of pillows and leaned against the doorframe.

“Like who?” I asked as I shut off the water and put the jug in the fridge, before shutting it and pulling my socks up.

“I don’t know, can’t remember from all the twenty invites I sent out.” She stated.

“Twenty? And I’m just guessing thats not even including the boys or the girls..” I crossed my arms as she laughed at me and shook her head.

“I was just teasing, I only invited like five extra people other than ‘us’, calm down.” She smirked.

Just I was about to respond something back at her, there was a knocking at the door.

“Hang onnnn.” Nadia murmured as she went into the lounge with the armful of pillows.

“Fine I’ll just get it myself then.” I replied as I walked off to the hall and swung the door open.

“DELILAH!” Perrie shouted as she sprung at me with a hug.

I smiled and hugged her back as the other girls made their way up the stairs.

“Hey,” I replied as I held the door out before a sulky looking George climbed up the stairs behind them.

“What are you doing out here?” I asked him as he pouted.

“I was just putting the rubbish out, and I got locked out.” He murmured as I tried to stifle a laugh.

“And you never heard of knocking on the door?” I smirked as a small smile etched across his face.

“Well obviously not.” He laughed as we both walked inside.

“Could you help me with getting all the snacks ready?” I smiled as he was about to reply Harry butted in, walking up behind me.

“Hey what happened to accepting my offer to help?” He smirked as he walking into the kitchen and washed his hands. “Let the hosts do the work.” He winked at George before he nodded and George quietly left.

“More the questions, where were you mister?” I laughed as I grabbed the bowls on the island and filled them up with various lolly scrambles.

“I was moving the couches around.” He replied, brushing his hair back.

“Oh right.” I nodded before he put popcorn in a pot.

“Have you got the movie player all set up?” I asked as he nodded.

“That amazing zombie movie just waiting to be enjoyed.” He winked before chuckling.

“Hey lets just say, letting Louis be in charge of movie finding isn’t the best idea.” I replied.

“True, hurry up with the snacks. This is plenty enough, lets just put these on the coffee table and watch the movie already.” He said, as I grabbed the bowls and he following me to the lounge with the drinks.

Almost tripping over the blankets lying on the floor, I reach the table and put everything down before running upstairs to bump into Nadia who was just putting on her onesie.

“Heyy, where’s your onesie girl?” Nadia said, pulling up her socks.

“In the wash.” I laughed lamely, as Nadia went to her draws, pulling out something fluffy and bright yellow, and throwing it towards my direction. I catch it with one free hand and held it up.

“Pikachu to your liking?” Nadia smirked as she brushed her hair and tied it up in a bun.

“Thanks.” I laughed, pulling it over my jeans and t-shirt and pulling on the hoodie.

“Awhh, just for your two secret admirers out there.” She winked as she went past and nudged me.

“Two?” I questioned as she laughed, going into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

“Don’t act like you can’t tell. George?” She simply stated.

“What? Noooo, not him.” I shook my head.

“Uh yes. I can’t believe you haven’t noticed already.” She stuck her tongue out at me before leaving me standing aimlessly at the doorway before she ran down the stairs.

I ran off after her, but not so gracefully missing the last stair and coming to a tumble on the floor, pulling someone down with me as I go.

“Uh fudge, I’m sorry.” Someone mumbled as the pushed me over and got up, pulling my hoodie up out of my eyes as I see a smiling George.

“It was my fault, I fell,” I laughed as he helped me up.

"Delilah! Someones at the door for yooouuu..." Nadia stopped in mid air as she walked into the hallway just as George quickly dropped my hand and I blushed.

"W-what Nadia?" I said trying to make sure she didn't think too much of what she just saw.

"Uh...someone is at the door for you." She crossed her arm as I quickly skipped past her, and I heard her whisper something to George but it was too quiet to catch anything.

Just as I reach the front door I get bombarded with a giant hug, almost breaking my bones.

"DELILAH!" Someone screamed in my air as I reconised the voice.

Author’s Note: Awwww isn’t that just the cutest with George and Delilah! Comment and vote and tell me what you thought, then you can see what happens next. Please I apologise it is un-edited at the moment sorry 😏😏