Chapter 6

Adriana POV

I sat on the couch with Hayley and was flipping a book while Hayley was talking to Agnes. Over the coffee table, Rebekah sat and typed on the laptop.

"I told you Agnes, I feel great!" Hayley insisted.

"You are overdue for a check up" she replied.

"What is she gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound?  A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here!" I said sarcastically.

"A lot of women would kill you to have a child. It stikes me odd that you're not taking better care of yours" Rebekah commented.

"I know a doctor in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it"Agnes told Hayley.

Hayley was quite and thought for a moment. "Okay, fine. Bayou baby doctor it is with Ari" she said. I took of my sight of the book and saw her.

"What!!!! I don't wanna go alone." She said.  I smiled at her which she returned. I closed my book and left the room with Hayley and Agnes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was dark and Agnes took us to the Bayou in the car. We could hear owls hooting in the night as we pulled up outside the office.

"This is the doctor's office?" Hayley asked sceptically.

"Dr. Paige  is  only this far out because Marcel's men kept terrorizing her patients. Go she won't bite" Agnes said and gave a smile.

"Now if you excuse Ms.And Hunt could wait outside" she said. I looked at her confused.

"May I know the reason?" I asked.

"Well Dr Paige has rules that other than the patient and the person trusted on no one is allowed to come inside" she said.

"But-" Hayley started.

"Its the rules" she cut her off.

"Fine I'll wait outside but be quick " I said and gave Hayley a reassuring smile.

As I was waiting in the car a wolf started howling startling me. I turned around and looked to find a car approaching. It was quite suspicious.

I went down below the window to see who it was. A group of men got out and started walking toward the clinic.

I clearly felt something is wrong so I got down from the car and followed them.

When I went inside, I could hear the commotion inside. As I was about to approach the sound something strong hit my back head causing me to collapse. It was so much painful and I could sense my eyesight blackening. Soon I was blacked out.

Hayley POV

Dr. Paige was preparing the syringe and she lunged at me to inject me with it. I grabbed her arm and pushed it away from her, and stabbing the syring into doctors neck, causing her to pass out.

When the men in the lobby saw that happen they ran towards the door, but I managed to shut and lock it before they could enter. One of them rattled the knob and I struggled to open the window. When they finally got in , I had already escaped and was out of the clinic.

I couldn't find Ari in the car and around.  "Adriana" I shouted but she was nowhere to be found. I heard them coming out of the clinic so I started running towards the woods.

I hid behind the tree and when they passed me, I ran up to them and kicked one, knocking him. I jumped and kicked the second one also and snapped his neck.  The third one tried to attack me , but I grabbed the knife from him and cut his neck.