Chapter 17

Adriana POV

Me, Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Hayley stood under umbrellas in the pouring rain. Klaus and Rebekah stood under one, me and Elijah under one and Hayley stood under one.

We were back at the plantation house which Hayley owned until the baby was born.

"Did you find them?" Klaus asked Rebekah.

"Yes"

"Will he bring her?"

"He'll bring her" Rebekah confirmed.

"Do you think this is gonna work?" I wispered to Elijah.

"Lets hope the best" he said placing a hand on my waist holding me.

"Are you ready to do this?" Father Kieran asked.

Klaus removed a dagger from his pocket and placed it on top of his Palm.

"Always and forever" he said and sliced his Palm open. He handed the dagger to Rebekah and she did the same. Next it was Elijah. He cut open his Palm as I holded the umbrella. Last it was Hayley who did the same.

The priest took the dagger and threw it down next to Esther's coffin.

"It's done" he said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We were in the rain waiting for the arrival of Davina.We all stood under the umbrellas while Sophie stood in soaking rain.

At the each corner of the altar there stood a pedestal holding large bowls for fire.

Suddenly fire appeared. It was the final sign. I saw Marcel walked around the corner with Davina in his arms. There was fire following them. As the reached the altar, Davina stood on it and the pedestals filled with fire.

Sophie placed the sacred dagger over the fire and stepped towards Davina, who was looking petrified.

"Do you believe in the harvest?" Sophie asked.

"I believe " Davina nodded. Sophie took the dagger from the fire and raised it to Davina's throat. Then she slit it.

I closed my eyes and recoiled. I clutched onto Elijah by holding his suit. He just rubbed my arm with his hands.

Davina clutched her bleeding throat and fell backwards into Marcel's arms. A light shone from Davina arm faded downwards from her fingertips to the ground which indicate the harvest was completed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Three harvest girls lay flat on their backs on the altar and Davina was placed next to them.

"After the harvest, comes the reaping. Their sacrifices made and accepted. We call upon our elders to ressurect your chosen ones" Sophie said.

We all stood anxiously waiting for the girls to show at least a slight movement.

"We call upon our elders to ressurect your chosen ones" Sophie repeated. I gave Elijah a squeeze.

"Ressurect your chosen ones" Sophie said firmly. Again nothing happened. I was greeting totally worried.

"Please, I beg" Sophie signed. Yet nothing happened. I felt tears running down my cheeks. Sophie collapsed on the altar. Marcel whispered "No". Suddenly he vamp sped and Klaus followed him.

Elijah signed beside me and I placed my head on his shoulder.

"Lets get out from here" he said.