Chapter 20

Elijah POV

I made my way through the forest in search of Rebekah and Adriana.  I am bit more worried about, no actually I am totally worried about Adriana. I am just freaking out what might just have happend to her.

Moreover guilt is like overpowering inside me. She protested that she will not leave my side. She protested because  She knows I'll protect her whatever happens. I didn't understand her and right now she is where I  don't know inside the forest where wolves are running around.

As I walked a bit inside and there I smelt her. Not her but her blood. She is losing a lot. I followed the trail of smell and then I saw her.

She lay there on the ground with blood surrounding her. I ran towards her and bent down beside her. I could feel my eyes becoming wet. She was injured very badly in her stomach. I could sense her breathing very weaking.

I took her head and placed it on my thigh.

"Ari, Adriana open your eyes. Open your eyes please. Please open them" I cried. I let my tears cone down.

"Please. Please don't leave me" I said to her. But she never showed response. I bit my wrist and placed it on her mouth but she never took my blood.

"Come on, come on. Pleas Ari. Drink" I yelled.

"Please. Please. Don't leave me. Don't leave us.  Not now please" I cried but she showed no signs of movement. Slowly her breathing was fading. I placed my hand on hers. I cannot be without her. I cannot imagine a day without her. I placed my forehead on her chest.

"I love you. I loved you so much" I cried on her chest. I cannot keep it more. Not when she is dying.

Then she moved. Her hand moved. She griped my hand and opened her eyes slowly. She slowly took her other hand and gripped my coat. I raised and saw her fully.

"Eli-Eljah" she said very softly.

"Ari! Adriana " I said crying. I placed my wrist on her mouth. She drank my blood slowly. Suddenly she gasped for air and rised up. She was still in my arms. She opened both her eyes and placed her bloody hand on my cheek.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry. I should have not-" I said. But she placed her fingers on my mouth.

"Don't. It's not you fault" she said slowly it was more like whispering. Her eyes were dropping again. I lifted her in bridal style. She placed her head on my chest.

"Don't worry love, I'll get you safe" I said and sped over to the compound.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I entered the compound and shouted Marcel's name. He saw me and my hands and was shocked. He immediately pulled a couch near me. I placed her on the couch.

"Ari!" Hayley shouted above in the balcony and rushed towards her.

"What happened?" Marcel asked. All his vampires gathered around

"Found her in the woods. She has been stabbed. It was Celeste" I said. Hayley gasped.

"Where's my brother?" I asked.

"Klaus threw on of his classic temper tantrums, snapped my neck, tried to take on a coven of witches himself. He got dropped. I don't know where he is, or how to find him" Marcel said.

"They also have Rebekah" I said. Marcel panicked.

"We have to help her" Marcel said.

"Everyone of you will help me find them. I am going to kill them all" I shouted.

"And Hayley " I said. She turned towards me.

"Take care of her"  I said she nodded.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Anything?" I called to Marcel as I walked into the compound.

"They're putting eyes and ears out every where. Daywalkers are working every contact we got, cops, dockworls, guys in the Treme. Word is out. Anyone trying to earn favor with me gets a lifetime of it if they find them"

"Good. I need a pen and paper" I said walking to the drawing door.

"Hey, am I taking orders from you now? Or are we in this together?" Marcel asked as I removed my jacket.

"Pen and paper, Marcellus " I said.

"I want them back as much as you do. And Ari is doing well." He said.

"Hayley" I called and removed my tie and shirt.

"Elijah. Did you find an thing?" She asked.

"I need you to make a list of these names" I said referring to the writing all over my body.

"Okay" she said walking towards me. Set lifted my right arm, looking at the last name.

"Sabine. Elijah what is this?" She asked.

"I believe they represent the names of the women that Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries" I said.

"It is called debenen. It's an old school kind of riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it and it disappears" Marcel explained.

"Celeste forced me to make a decision between yourself  and the others and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer. So to find Niklaus and Rebekah, we have to solve this riddle. The answer should lie somewhere in these names" I said.

"But what about Adriana? Why did she not kidnap her?" Marcel asked. I signed looking down.

"Adriana was not supposed to be found from these riddles. She was to be dead. When I found her in the forest.....a few minutes later if I've found her, she would have been dead" I said. Marcel paced a hand on my shoulder.

"The next name to Sabine, Annie La Fleur. She's the witch that was shunned from her coven over a year ago. Never knew why but I can find out" Marcel said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Annie was good girl. Witches done her wrong, shunning her like that, saying how she was doing dark  magic. There was no way. They had proof, so she just quit. I can't really blame her for that cause once you've been shunned what's the point in going in, you know" the man said about Annie.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"She killed herself?"Hayley asked as I said about Annie.

"Yes. Drowned herself in the Mississippi to be exact. Celeste had clearly tired of the body and was ready to take Sabine's" I said.

"How do you know that?" She asked.

"Because she leapt to her death in the very location Celeste and I had our first kiss" I said.

"Poetic, I guess. In a creepy vendetta way kind of way" she said.

"Those names, these lives stolen so Celeste might take her revenge. I suppose we have no choice but to see where they take us. Hayley I have to go, I'll call you back" I said.

"Elijah wait" she said.

"What is it?"

"Ask Marcel if he knows about a name on that list, Brynne Deveraux. Sophie said that it was her bloodline that put the curse on the Crescents, but Celeste said she was the only one who could break it. If Brynne Deveraux was actually Celeste when she cast  the spell then maybe Celeste can still break it" she said.

"I'll see what he knows" I told her.

"Elijah, Ari woke up. She asked for you. I convinced her to sleep as she needs rest. But if she wakes up again, I don't think I can stop her" she said. I signed.

"I'll call you again Hayley" I said and hung up.

That was a whole chapter in Elijah's POV.

Read. Vote. Comment.