Chapter 26

Adriana POV

It has been a whole month. One month. And everything has changed.

Right now I am standing in the balcony of my room and clearly my mind is flooded.

Rebekah has gone. Without her by my side has clearly had effect on me. There is not a single day went by me not thinking about her. Marcel was gone too. He was banished from the Quarter. He has been living in his loft.

Hayley just took off to the bayou. Me and Elijah tried saying everything we could to make her come back here so that she can be protected.

And talking about Elijah. He is the only thing that is keeping me grounded. We are pretty much stable in our relationship and it seems everybody approved it full heartedly. Rebekah, Hayley, Caroline. Even Klaus approved it.

And Klaus has been distracting himself. He does lot of painting to outrun his emotions. And it is weird that he is spending more time with Genevieve. I mean more nights.

I know he is grieving. But I can definitely say that this will not help him. I just stood there watching the city that moved around.

"Penny your thoughts" Elijah asked appearing behind me.

"Its a beautiful city. And I was thinking about how drastic our family has become" I said. He signed and came and stood behind me holding my waist. I leant back so that my head rested on his shoulder.

"How did your meet go?" I asked still in the same position. He placed his chin on my head.

"I almost got all the fractions agreeing before Hayley made a drastic appearence" he  said. I turned around and saw him still his hands on my waist.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She wanted the wolves to have a seat in the counsel" he said.

"Well they no longer live here. They have the bayou" I said.

"That's what I said. But mommy is quite stubborn" he said.

"Don't worry. You'll sought it out" I said.

"Let's hope" he said.

"You know I am quite proud of you. You are doing great" I said. He smiled at me.

"I do great because I always have a positivity  pumped around me by my beloved girl" he said. I laughed at him.

"Its good to see you cheesy" I said.

"Will it be good if I do something cheesy?" He saw me and smirked. He leant forward and kissed me. It has always been good to be kissed by him. He has a very good touch. It makes me quite comforting and soothing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I just talked to Hayley and was returning to my room when I saw Klaus and Elijah talking. I entered the room.

"Not a fan of  cerulean blue?" Klaus asked.

"Not a fan of continued indifference" Elijah said.

"Well, it's difficult trying to unite a community that has a history of mutual loathing" Klaus said.

"Spare me the latitudes, Niklaus "

"A perspective, then? If you want peace, you must begin with the werewolves. A hundred years ago, they had a run at ruling this city. As of late, all they've had is time to watch their enemies tear down that legacy"

"And the more reason why their enemies are reluctant to bring the table" Elijah said.

"Take a page from Bienville, brother. If the table's the obstacle remove it" Nik smirked.