Chapter 70

Adriana POV

Elijah held up the compass and it lead us to a cabin in the middle of the forest.

"Freya's not in there. She was. I can smell her blood. But the stronger scent is due west" Klaus said.

"You both follow the trail. I'll track the cabin" Elijah said. We started to split up.

"Nik..." Elijah called. We turned and looked at him. "Whatever happens, you promise me...."

"Aurora dies today" Nik finished. We walked west.

We walked through the forest only to find numerous freshly dug Graves.

"You've got to be kidding me" I whispered.

"We'll split up" he said. He went towards one grave while I went for another one. We started digging up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We we digging the Graves so that we could find her. Everytime we dug one, it had an empty coffin which said 'guess again' inside.

"Nik..this is not ending" I said. He threw his shovel and walked towards me. He took my hands in his.

"Ari...you have to find her. You can" he said. I signed. I wrapped my fingers around his. I closed my eyes trying to focus.

I could sense her somewhere here. I tried again to focus and opened my eyes.

I turned around and saw the first grave. It had a lavender twig planted on it which was stained in blood.

"This is it" I said and both of us started digging up. The top of the box was visible and I opened it.

We found her inside. I immediately helped her to get up. She had a gunshot in her stomach

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Me and Klaus helped Freya inside the cabin. When we entered we saw Aurora pointing a gun at Elijah.

"The bullets... they're white oak" Elijah trailed.

Klaus stepped forward. "We both know you are not going to pull the trigger" he tried.

"Yet again, you're wrong" she pulled the trigger. I flicked my hands and used my powers to bounce it off.

It bounced off the wall, and pierced straight through Freya's stomach.

I held her from falling as Aurora rushed outside.

"Go, get her. I'll tend Freya" I said. Both the brothers looked at me.

"Go!" I shouted as they rushed out.

"Okay, this is gonna be painful" I said as I put my hand through her stomach to pull the bullet outside.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"For what in the world do they want your heart?" I asked frantic. Apparently The Strix tried to kill Hayley for her heart.

"The attack was about breaking the sure link. Marcel told me that Aya's witches already have a spell to do it" Hayley said.

"And how does your heart play into all this?" Klaus asked.

"I am the only un-sired vampire in the history. Apparently that's the key to making it work" she said.

"And yet Marcel neglected to mention it this morning" Nik said furious.

"Hey..ease up. He saved me" Hayley tried.