Chapter 40

Adriana POV

By the time I found Klaus. He was surrounded by a pool of humans dead.

"Nik....I need your help" I said.

"I know..but why are you here without searching my brother?" He said walking towards me.

"I have to find him...but Mikael will kill you. You need to have ...." I was cut of by him as he placed both his hands on my shoulder.

"Ari...I can handle this. Find Elijah. Save him. I will end this. Either Mikael or I will be ask by days end. And if you do find my brother, please, tell him I could do with a hand" he said.

"Nik.....be safe" I said. He nodded.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I tried everything. Ever thing possible. I couldn't find his scent. I couldn't locate him using a spell as Esther has cloked the spell.I couldn't find him so I came back to the abbatoire.

My mind was bursting with thoughts. I was really more for me. I cannot handle more. This is insane.

I grabbed my hair and fell to my knees. Loud cries erupted from my mouth. Hayley entered my room and ran towards me. She wrapped her hands around me.

"Shh Ari. ......we are gonna find him. Dont worry. You have to be strong." She said.

"I can't. I can't handle this. This is a lot to take in" I cried in her chest.

Suddenly her phone beeped. She took still keeping me in her hands.

"Ari....we found Elijah. He's in the cemetery" she said. I immediately stood up and rushed outside.

I ran inside the cemetery and found Klaus there. We both nodded and entered the tomb.

Elijah was on his knees, head hung down. He was chained on his wrists which were holding him.

Then I saw a doll hanging above his head linked to his chains. That is why he was not able to break them.

"Nik...the doll" I said. He ripped it apart yanking the chains outside.

Elijah fell on my arms. I placed his head on my thighs.

"Elijah wake up" I whispered.

"He won't wake up" I heard a voice.

"Not yet. Which gives you and I one last chance to discuss my offer" Esther said.

"You promised Elijah's return" Klaus growled.

"What was that, a lie? Just like that ghoulish atrocity outside claiming to be my father back from dead!" He asked.

"Your father's return is real. I pulled him from the other side before it collapsed, left him in the Bayou to join the wolves. And I used the execution of one of his own to draw him here where I knew I would find you" she spat at him.

"To what end?! Besides my torment?" He shouted.

I saw Elijah motionless and feared.

"Klaus we have to go" I said. He saw his brother and walked towards him. He took him.

Then I turned to Esther.

"You will face for what you've done" I said. She grinned.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We could definitely say that he was in pain. Yet he was laying there motionless on the bed.

Klaus just looked at him and leaned forward

"I know you are locked down in battle. However deep in your mind our mother has set the stage to hear my voice. Our mother thinks she will win because she has left you alone. But you are not alone" he said taking his hand.

Suddenly both of them began to shake violently.

"Klaus stop!" I said.

"Esther is not letting me in" he said. Then Hayley entered the room. She gave me a sad expression.

Then I noticed something on Elijah's neck. Even Hayley noticed.

"Is this rash a side effect on the witch acid trip he's on?" She asked. Klaus looked at the rash.

"I haven't seen this since I was a child. Mikael would return home from battle more blindly temperamental than usual, and our mother would use the petals of rare merlock orchid to put him in sleep" Klaus said.

"If she has access to it now, then maybe it also grows in the bayou. You stay here with the wolves. Ari, stay with Elijah " he said. I nodded.

I looked at him and sat down on the bed beside him.

"You are going to come back to me" I said taking his hands.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I had been sitting with him for the past few hours. I just sat there thinking about our past.

Klaus entered the room with a cream and cloth in his hands.

"This will bring him back" he said. I took it.I began putting it on his rash.

"Come back to me Elijah. I need you. You wanted me to bring you love. I bought her. But you have to come to her" I said slowly.

Tears drooled in my eyes. It slowly flowed down my cheek. I stopped applying the cream. I placed my for head on his chest and allowed all the worries through my tears.

Elijah POV

It was painful to see all the memories. It was tormenting. Then I heard her. She said me to return to her. I wanted to.

With all my efforts I opened my eyes and gasped for air. She had her head on my chest. As I moved she looked up.

"Elijah" she said and immediately placed her lips on my. This is what I wanted. For the past few months. Her touch just made all my pain vanish. It gave me a soothing effort.

She slowly broke and that's when I saw her face. She was pale. It showed that she didn't feed. Her eyes were puffy due to all the crying.

It clearly showed how much she missed me. How much she suffered without me.

I saw Klaus standing beside us with a small smile on his face.

"Thank God you returned" she cried. I placed my my hand on her face. I stood up and sat.

"How do you feel?" Klaus asked.

"The worst has passed. Though I suspect the nightmares are far from over" I said. Ari squeezed my hands.

"I'll leave you two" Nik said and exited the room. I turned and saw her.

"Ari...you look weak. Did you feed?" I asked. She saw me with shocked eyes.

She suddenly ran and launched herself on me. I took her ease in my hands.

"How could you do this? I have been hurting you a lot. You've never faded in showing your love, yet I kept on avoiding you. You were just tormented by the pool of memories yet you are asking about me. Why are you doing it? Why are you doing this to me?" She cried on my chest.

I took her face in my hands.

"You are the reason I am still alive. Your voice helped me to return. You have been with me in all my difficulties, helping me. Ari....You are the one I fell in love with my heartful. I have never felt such love with any person other than you. I will never stop loving you" I said.

She saw me and leaned forward. Our lips met. It was very slow and soft. It was just the calming factor for both of us.

"I love you" she said.

"I love you too" I said slowly placing a kiss on her forehead.

There's another update. This one was very different from the episode. But I felt this to be the right way.

Read. Vote. Comment.