Chapter 51

Adriana POV

So this happened. Freya agreed to help us but Klaus is against it...which eventually made them both rivals. Great family reunion.

After the family gathering me and Elijah came back home. I was lying on my bed when my Elijah rushed inside my room.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's Rebekah. Eva took over her body and she is missing" he said. Both of us immediately made our way to Marcel.

"Okay....I guess we have to talk with Vincent. He is the only person who knows Eva well" I said.

"I am on it" Marcel said and sped away. I turned and looked at Elijah.

"Guess we have to call people" I said and took my phone.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Klaus said me, Elijah, Hayley and to convince Josephine to stop the hunting party for Eva. We called Gia too.

"If Eva is back in control of her body then you need to let the witches put that body down!. Eva will use up you sister's just like she did the others" Josephine said.

"The others?" Hayley asked.

"They first went missing two years ago. Eva and Vincent were together, they were good. We didn't suspect them at first. But Eva was a wild beauty practicing a wild magic, but she and Vincent were so happy that we let them be" Josephine said.

"And then the children began to disappear" Elijah stated.

"Vincent and a group of other witches put locator spells on the children, but the killer had already cloaked them. But because of Vincent's tenacity, she was caught. It was his wife, Eva. He caught her, and then told us. She wanted three more children" Josephine said.

"Why three?" Hayley asked.

"To complete the Rite of Nines" Josephine said.

"The Rite of Nines?" Gia asked confused.

"Yes...if she had completed, she would have taken a witch from each of nine covens. I learnt about it" I explained.

"Vincent told us that she believed she would create another witch order, tenth coven in New Orleans that would be stronger than all of them combined" Josephine said.

"But why kids?" Hayley asked.

"They are pure. They have barely used their magic, let alone killed anyone with it. It's untapped. That and they are easier to take" I explained being the beginner to witch business.

"That's why she went after my baby" Hayley said. Josephine grinned.

"She would have killed your daughter. Channelled her powers, as she did those other poor childern........." she waited for few seconds and said "We agree, she must be stopped. No more of our youth will die. That's why, Mr. Mikaelson.....I will not extend your twenty four hours" she stood up and said.

Me and Elijah both stood up swiftly full of anger.

"You would condemn my sister to her death?" Elijah asked glaring her.

"I dislike the term 'collateral damage' but there it is. If one or two must fall in order to take Eva down for good. So be it" Josephine said.

"Let me assure you maiden LaRue,  we will defend your witches with fearsome and vengeance" I spat.

"You have a wonderful way with your words. Really. Your cadence is pleasant. Normally, I would listen to it all day long, but I grow tired of this. My mind remains unchanged" she said annoyed. Hayley was clearly pissed.