Chapter 58

Adriana POV

We came to know that Dhalia has taken Freya to a storage warehouse. When we arrived there Dhalia was choking her and she fell on her knees and gasped for breath.

Then she smashed a bottle of salt on the ground and used her magic yo form a circle around herself and Freya.

"I actually pity you. Over the course of our long lives together, I could see you were broken" she said. Freya laughed panting.

"I used to think it was my fault, but in time, I learned your ability yo love died long ago" Freya said.

"Darkness isn't born, you know. It's created...by the sniffing out of light" she spoke to Freya in her ear.

"So however tonight you thought you might mend me, please know you never could. Whenever I looked in your eyes, I saw your mother, the sister who turned my heart to stone. And with th hat stone, I will crush everyone of her children" Dhalia said.

Me, Klaus and Rebekah stood in front of them.

"Isnt there a saying about stones and glass houses?"Klaus smirked.

"In case of analogy is lost on you, I believe my brother is calling you a"

"Hypocritical bitch" I said cutting of Rebekah.

"Hmm..bringing vampires to a witch fight. Someone hasn't learned their lesson" Dhalia said.

"Look...I know you are an old lady, please don't forget that I have witch powers" I said and raised my hands towards her which knocked her. She raised and saw me with an angry eyes when Elijah bought their mother.

"Although on this occasion, I'd Say we took your lesson to heart" Klaus said. Dhalia and Esther saw each other in shocked. I kind of waited for a melodrama to occur but it was the other way around. Dhalia started laughing.

"My sister....in chains? Ha ha ha! Is she.....is She a gift for your freedom? Because I brought something" she said and pulled out the white oak stake.

"One stake, four of us. Even if you font hesitate, the other will rip you into peices. And as she said don't forget we have her on our side" Klaus said gesturing me.

"Sound thinking. But small thinking" Dhalia said and raised the stake. She threw the stake above in sir and it burst into tiny peices. She used her magic to direct the tiny peices straight in to the mouths of the original vampires.They all gasped for breath.

As I ran to help them, she used her magic to knock me out. I raised up again but she casted a barrier in front of me. I tired to break it with my powers but is he was strong.

I felt a ringing noise in my head when eventually raised in volume and caused mental anguish. I couldn't resist it that I fell to the ground clutching my hair. It felt like electric shocks being passed on my head.

The worst part, all the four of us were to the ground, struggling for life in the horrible pain.

"Your killing them!" Freya yelled.

"Stop! Stop!.........." I cried due to pain. I saw Klaus pull out the blade and get to his feet. Then I felt someone being thrown and I know it was Klaus.

I have to do something! But I couldn't. That's when she spoke.

"Now Esther, say good bye to your children" she said and put a telekinetic choke on Freya.

"Sister, wait! Wait!" Esther spoke up. She loosened her grip on Freya and the sound ringing on my head stopped. I slowly stood up and tried to break the barrier.

"You've won, Dhalia. You have everything you ever wanted, ncluding the firstborn of a new generation! You have bested us all. At least let me try to make amends. Let me share with you the glorious freedom that I have found....in death" she said and lunged and wrapped the long chain around Dhalia's neck.

Once she held her, Freya was free and my barrier vanished. Freya used her magic to break the circle she was in and I used my powers on the siblings that they coughed up the oakdust.

"Elijah!" Esther called out. Elijah picked up the blade and tossed it to Klaus. Klaus sped forwards and stabbed Esther at the back with the blade and into Dhalia's heart, killing them both.

The sisters bodies turned into ash and stood there with both holding each other in hands. All of us stared at them for a moment when Klaus spoke up.

"Seems we're officially orphans" he said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We returned to our compound and things wet not same between us. It was totally awkward.  Not only that night, but the gollowing day too.

Marcel called me and said that she burned all the bodies including Gia. He asked if I could join him. It was never like this. The family has always been in troubles but the aftereffects were never like this.

But then there was Hope. She was the only thing that kinda relaxes everyone's mind. And that's when I knew what to do.

I went up to Hayley's room. I searched if I could find anything when I found a bracelet. I knew it was presented by Jackson to her. I took it to my room and placed it on the table.

I performed the spell and as it did it, I saw Klaus come and stand beside me. When the spell was complete I looked at him.

"What are you doing?" He asked. I signed and took the bracelet.

"I casted a spell on Hayley. It kind of informs us when she is in danger or hurt" I said. He looked at me keenly.

"After all this, you are still protecting her. Why?" He asked. I put the bracelet in my hand and looked at him.

"She is family. And we always defend family" I said. He immediately wrapped his hands around me.

"I am sorry. I am the reason for all this mess and you and Elijah......" he stopped.

"Klaus...you protected you daughter, you protected your family. Nothing else is important than that" I said.

"But you and him?" He asked.

"We'll sought it out." I said. He smiled and hugged me tightly.

Elijah POV

I stood outside the room and saw them when Freya came and stood by me.

"She's there for us always, isn't she?" She asked.

"Always" I said softly.

"Are you still not talking to her?" She asked. I signed and looked at Ari.

"I accepted her as the love of my life. And she is the one always. Whatever happens, I will never hold grudge against her. She is always and she is the only girl in my life. She needs time. Which is always granted to her" I said.

"Do you love her?"She asked. I turned and looked at her.

"Always and forever" I said.

I am really sorry for the late update. My school life has been a mess. Ugg h....all the exams and projects kept me busy. Christmas holidays are here and yeah there will be frequent updates.

And with this chapter season 2 is over!...Yeah...!...next comes my favourite season and I can't wait to write it....😍😍😍😍😈😈