Chapter 63

Adriana POV

We searched for Aurora but we couldn't find her. So Klaus said  he will do it himesrlf. So me and Elijah were turning back home. But what I noticed is that...he was so uncomfortable and something was not normal about him. So I blocked his way and stood in front of him.

"Something is bothering you! Shoot it" I said.

"Nothing...just the fact that now our family is......" but I cut him off.

"Don't lie. You seriously thought I cannot tell when you are lying. Something is wrong with you. I meant you. What is it?" I asked. He signed and looked away.

"The women that Nik is searching.......she has the potential to ruin our house" he said worriedly. I looked at him confused.

"What does that mean?" I asked softly. He looked at me with the slight tint of fear and worry.

"When we needed to flee our father.......Aurora wanted to come with us. And I didn't want her to be. I was against it. But then she told me that Niklaus killed our mother...." he said.

"So.....I compelled her. I complled her to stop loving him. I said her that he was a monster.....so...she stayed. And I set my brother's course..... cold and violent" he confessed.

"You fear that she would turn Nik on you" I said. He looked down.

"Look....Elijah...with all the family drama and a bloody prophecy going on......it is gonna be tough for all of us. But ...that doesn't mean that he will not forgive you" I said and placed a hand on his shoulder. He took my other hand.

"Remember when he forgave you for Tatia....he will understand" I said. He looked and nodded at me.

"Thank you" he said slowly.

"For what?" I asked.

"For being there for us...All the time" he said. I smiled.

"That's what family does" I said. He looked up and his face was so close to mine. Our lips barely touching. I wanted to connect them but I couldn't. He looked at my lips and then at me.

"Elijah...." I said softly. He jerked away. We both immediately and completely lost contact to each other.

"You said that Aurora was close to Tristan?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Come with me" I said and took his hand. And so we made our way to the Devil's place.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We entered his place when his guard tried to block us. So Elijah had to kill him by pulling his heart. We went inside and Elijah put the man's heart in a dirty jar.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Elijah...Ms.Hunt.....I didn't know we had a meeting on the book a today" we heard him and he made his way.

"We don't. Unfortunately your assistant refuse to accomdate us" he said and turned the jar in his hand which had the heart. Tristan was a bit tense.

"You really don't want him to be in his badass mood" I said to Tristan.

"Free advice" I winked at him.

"What would you like to discuss?" He asked.

"You are a little less than forthcoming about the threat that now my family face" Elijah said.

"We would like to change that" he continued.

"A threat to you is a threat to me" Tristan smiled.

"Looks like its not Mr.De Martle" I said.

"I am sure I don't know what you are talking about" he said.

"Oh...we are sure you know what it is" I walked closer to him.

"I could hear your heart racing. Are you keeping something from us, Mr. Martle?" I asked and place the message card that Aurora sent in his hand.

"I am sure that right now, Nik is with your sister" I whispered.

"And you think I am hiding her?" He asked.

"Wherever you go, Aurora follows" Elijah said.

"It's true. On her good days. Years ago. Rory fell into one on her dark periods. It's been a long one, and has yet to lift. I saw that she got the care she needed" he said.

"I don't care" Elijah growled.

"Now where is she?" He asked.

"You are afraid of what my sister have to say to your brother?" Tristan asked.

"Your sister has a habit of cultivating misfortune " Elijah replied.

"I can't disagree. And as it happens, I don't know her current where abouts, but she can't be here. I'm the first person she'd come" he said.

"Make sure....you are sure about it Mr. De Martle" I said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was in my room after a long day and drinking when I heard a large sound downstairs.  I rushed down to see the entire place upside down and the brothers standing against each other.

"What the hell are you both doing?" I shouted.

"Ask him Ari.....ask him what he did to me. He set my course of life for a millennia" Nik shouted. So he came to know about it.

"I was trying to save our family. From that awful lady of yours" Elijah shouted.They were trying to go on each other again when I ran between them.

"You both!..stop now. This not not what we have to do now" I shouted. But both of them seemed to be so immersed in killing each other. The again went for each other when I put a barrier between them.

"Take it off. Ari. .......let him come at me" Elijah shouted.

"Stop with all the shouting. Both of you are at the places of guilty. For Heaven's sake...you have a prophecy telling you...one of you will fall in the hands of family. And now is the time to show all the powers between yourselves. Your sister is missing...you idiots" I shouted. Yeah..I shouted at them like a mother.

"Please...please...don't take stupid decisions and regret it for your entire life time. You just allowed some senseless people who call themselves as your sire to ruin your family. Please don't make further mistakes" I said.

Freya just entered.

"May I know what happened here?" She asked.

"Your bothers lost their minds. And had a very good talk" I said. Both the brothers looked at me.

"Just think youselves" I said softly and took the barrier. They both looked at each other. I signed and made my way back to my room.