Chapter 27

Adriana POV.

I was standing near the buffet table. Elijah was talking with Hayley. I could not find Klaus.

To my surprise I saw many familiar faces. There was Diego, Jackson, Oliver, Monique and even Davina.

I saw Jackson join Hayley and Elijah. As soon as Jackson came Hayley left Elijah and went with him. Elijah just looked dumped.

I took my phone and messaged him.

To Elijah: You are dumped. Come here.

He took his phone and saw it. Then his eyes searched the crowd for me. When he found me he smiled. He made his way towards me.

"Did I just get dumped?" He asked me. I laughed.

"No, Hayley went away because she knows, you are my man." I said. He smiled. We both sat in the table. I put my chin resting in my palms.

"Are you enjoying the party?" He asked.

"Yes, I am. Except some entertainment" I said. He narrowed his eyes on me.

"You are bored" he said and stood up. I saw him with confused face. He stretched his hands.

"May I have a dance?" He asked. I laughed.

"Elijah you know I don't dance" I said.

He walked towards the back of my chair. He pushed my hair of my ear. He laid soft kisses on my neck and came near my ear.

"I want to dance with my beautiful lady" he wispered and then gave me his hand. I took it and stood up.

"Don't let me fall" I said.

"Never" he said walking towards the dance floor.

He slid his one hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him. I placed one hand on his shoulder. Both our other hands interwined. We started slowly moving to the music.

"Do you know that you look very handsome today?" I asked. He just smiled.

"Why did it take so much time Elijah? You could have told me. I would have enjoyed this far before? You knew I liked you" I said. He signed.

"We are in constant danger. Our past, our present, and I am sure about the future. I didn't want you in that. I feared that I will lose you. That day in the forest.......you were dying Adriana. Did you know how it felt?" He asked.I saw him for a second.

"When I first saw you guys, I felt the same. Your family lurks danger wherever it go. But when I started living with you all, I made one thing sure. You do anything to save your family. I've always felt protected beyond you guys.I always believe you. I know you will never let me down" I said as we were still dancing.

He smile and spun me. I laughed but skipped my heels. I went to fall but he caught me.

"You caught me" I said.

"I said I'll never let to fall" he said.

Suddenly we heard comotion in the other side of the room. Me and Elijah rushed to see, Oliver and Diego fighting.

Diego grabbed Oliver by his jacket and threw him across the room. He fell on a table smashing everything. Diego shot on him and pinned him against the wall.

Elijah forced the two. He threw Oliver back.

"This ends now. I won't ask again" Elijah said.

"Oh we'll end it alright" Jackson said holding a stake in Diego's heart.

"What's stopping you? Kill him. Go ahead Elijah, do it. I mean, it's not like he deserves to die" Hayley said walking down the stairs.

"I mean, it was Oliver who handed Rebekah over to the witches so they could torture her. But, then again wasn't it Diego who led a werewolf massacre last month? And the witches cursed the wolves, while the humans stood back and let it all happen. So, when you think about it, everyone here deserves to die" she shouted.

"Are you approaching a point?" Elijah asked her.

Klaus appeared behind me. I turned and saw him, leaving everything that was being spoken. I walked towards him.

"Shouldn't you be like interrupting them?" I asked.

"I am enjoying the show. Why should I stop it?" He said. I smiled.

"You know you are my favourite Mikaelson because you do and like crazy things." I said.

"Am I still you favourite? Shouldn't it be him?" He asked referring Elijah.

"No you are still my favourite. Elijah is different" I said. He smiled.

"Come here" he said and stretched both his hands. I went and hugged him. He wrapped his big hands around me.

"Don't leave me Nik. I know Elijah will not. But I want you to be there for me. You know that right?" I asked him still in his arms.He kissed my head.

"No I will not" he wispered.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The sound of drills woke me up next day. Last night successfully everyone signed the pact.

I woke up from my bed and made way downstaires to see what the rattling sound was.

"Enough with all the racket!" Klaus shouted. Genevieve stood behind him.

"Is there a problem brother?" Elijah smiled.

"Gentleman please" he said to the workmen.

"I agreed to a General sprucing up, not a bloody three ring circus" Klaus said to Elijah.

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now, you might be content to live in squalor, I'm not" Elijah said.

"I agree with your brother. It's a new era in the French Quarter. This place could use a makeover " Genevieve said. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Careful Elijah. When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something" Klaus smirked.

"Actually I do have a request. I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like to change that" she said.

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" I asked her.

"The Fête des Bénêdictions. Feast of the blessing. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young harvest girls to society" she said.

"So your coven attempted to destroy my family and yourself held my sibiling in unspeakable torment and made my girl to be dead for a few seconds" he answered making me and Klaus to chuckle.

"I made my amends with your brother. Why don't you think it over?" She said as she walked towards the door.

"Oh don't be such a stiff, Elijah. The tourists love a good festival. Besides, what better way to cement the solidarity than a show of Faith toward a one time enemy?"

"A one-time enemy with who me you've grown rather nauseatingly intimate" Elijah replied.

"Well who said maintaining alliances can't be fun?" Klaus smirked.

"One would think you'd be a little interested in attending to needs of the mother of your child and Adriana of course"

"So they're the reason behind this oh do thoughtful renovation? Elijah, the truth is, the mother of my child is werewolf society. She's far safer in the bayou with her pack than she would ever be here with us. Don't worry. I'll bring her home before the birth. No child of mine will be born in a swamp. And Adriana definitely don't need these things to get impressed" Nik said. I smirked at him.

There goes the next. And many people liked this cover. Including my friends. So I guess this is....

Read. Comment. Vote.