Chapter 50

Adriana POV

Me and Elijah were making our way to Marcel's place. Looks like our agreement with Josephine has become void and They had tried to kill Rebekah.

When we reached we heard Marcel defending Rebekah.

"Is that your version of alibi?....take her" Josephine said.

"That won't be necessary" Elijah said and we walked towards them.

"Miss LaRue. ...it's a great shame to soil the good will of our recent agreement. Now I am sorry for the loss, but Marcel is telling the truth. Rebekah now occupies the body of Eva Sinclair and my sister is innocent of this crime" he said.

"You better leave now" I said. She saw me with a angry face. A witch lunged towards me when I threw him away with my powers.

"I maybe new.....but don't mess with me" I said.

"You have until tomorrow. After that, it won't matter what I say. Witches will stop at nothing to protect their children. That's an impulse I know you can respect. And you....watch your powers. You don't know about us" she said to me.

"Wanna try?" I asked and took my hands when Elijah stopped me. She saw me one last time and then all the witches started leaving.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Well she might come in handy. She is the one who was with Dhalia for many years" I said as me and Elijah made our way  inside to the  mansion.

"I am more leaning on Klaus accepting her" he said and we entered the hall.Klaus was waiting for us.

"There you are finnaly" he said smirking.

"Should I punch your face Nik?" I asked fake laughing.

"A situation arose with Marcellus that we needed to take care of" Elijah explained. Klaus nodded.

"Our guest of honour will be here momentarily" he said. Both me and Elijah looked at him puzzled.

"Strange. Why is the house silent? Where is Hayley and Jack?" I asked.

"I sent Hayley and her poorly groomed  husband off to spend the day with their werewolf brothers to test the limits of their new abilities " he said.

"Leaving me deal with family business as I see fit" he completed.

"Klaus Rebekah's situation has taken an unfortunate turn. We might need Freya's help, she might know more about this than us. So whatever you are planning........don't" Elijah said.

"All I'm planning is a simple chat with a long lost relative. You yourself said to hear her out" Klaus said.

"Klaus....Are you planning something?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

"Nothing my love." He said grinning.

"Ah I think I hear her!" He said as we turned around Freya walked in.

"Sister! Well come in. Make yourself comfortable!" He said. She walked beside me. She gave me a warm smile which I returned.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"This witch hoop. It's Danish. Is this from when you lived all in Copenhagen in the 1500s?" She asked.

"Quite the eye" Klaus grinned.

"Nik!" I said slowly.

"Freya....I better think it's the moment to share about Dhalia" I said.

"So without further ado, let's get to it!" Nik said. All four of us walked to our seats. Klaus sat at the high chair while me and Freya sat across each other. Elijah  stayed standing with his hands leaned at the back of my chair.

Freya cleared her throat. I had a feeling that she can be trusted. She didn't look so anode.

"The first thing you should know is that Dhalia is the most powerful witch I've ever seen. She craves more power still. Right now she is like me, limited to one year of life in a century. But she wants to be free of that restriction. To gain true immortality. That is why she will come here drawn by your daughter to take the child's power herself. And she would kill anyone who defy her" she completed.

"And yet you defy her?" Elijah asked taking a seat beside me.

"I don't have a choice. She will never let me free. My one chance is to align with you and kill her" she said.

"Fine then. Let's talk specifics" Klaus said and my phone started ringing. I took and saw it was Cami.

"Excuse me" I said and walked aside to attended it.

"Cami how are you? It's been a long time" I asked.

"I'm fine Ari.  Well Ari can you like crash at my place now. I want to give you something" she said. I thought for a second and answered.

"Yeah sure. I'll be there in like Fifteen" I said.

"Thank you. I'll meet you here" she said and cut off. I made my way back to the table.

"Cami called I've gotta go. Call me once Rebekah arrives. And it was nice meeting you Freya" I said with a warm smile. She returned it.

"So carry on" I said. I turned and looked at Elijah. He nodded which I arrived.

I took my car to Cami's place as I was not still comfortable with my vampire speed.

I knocked her door twice and she opened it.

"Ari. ...come in" she said. Once I entered I hugged her with all my might.

"So what was it..you had to give me?" I asked. She took a book from the table beside and handed it to me.  I crunched my eyebrows.

"This is a book about the oldest witches and their ways to elope their powers. I found it out in the public library and thought it would be useful to you. I wanted to come and give it but Klaus......" She stopped.

"Yeah....I understand. Thank you Cami. I never expected it. I hope it helps me a lot" I said and hugged her.

"And also on my way back home....I found  these and loved them. I bought them and then I thought of you. So I bought them for you too" she said and took her bag.

She took a small cover from inside and opened it. She took two bracelets that looked identical. They were pure silver in colour and each had a golden heart charm in them.

"Cami they are beautiful...." I said.

"Come on try them" she handed me one and stretched her hand. I smiled at her and clasped the bracelet around her wrist.

She took my hand and put the other bracelet.

"Now they are beautiful" she said. Both of us wrapped our hands around ourselves.

"You are my best friend" I said.

"I am" she said. Then my phone started ringing.I took it and saw it was Elijah.

"Cami I've gotta go. Rebekah. ..." I said but she cut me off.

"That family definitely needs you at all times. No problem I'll text you" she said. I laughed and took the book she gave and made my way out.

Sure Cami was my best friend. She is such a wonderful person.

Here's the other update. I just wanted Cami and Ari to get along well.

So Read. Vote. Comment.