Chapter 31: SOS

All the boy could think of was why he had been taken from his family like this. About why he had been cursed to live this horrible life that was a sanitation trooper, well, it could be worse, he could be a part of the groups of troopers that actually go into war and, gulp, kill people. Oh, he couldn't dare think of that. . . killing people to the General's wish and command. That's just terrible and morally wrong. But yet, no one ever rebelled from within The First Order, yes, there were (and still are) actual Rebels or Resistance, or whatever they call themselves these days, but it's so interesting as to how no one ever rebels inside of the problem. It's like they almost believe that what they're doing is for the greater good, and it is, the greater good of Supreme Leader Snoke, that is. It appalled FN-2187 as to how the people thought around here, him of course, had his own thoughts on how things are to work and how people are to act and behave, but he was never allowed to express those thoughts into actions or words because that would make him a threat to The First Order and as all threats are treated, he would be taken care of in a rather. . . unruly way. So he kept very quiet and did as he was told, in fear for his own life.

***

The sun on Jakku was going to set soon and Rey was still hard at work, scrubbing at a stupid old piece of junk that she would get her meal for the day from if she was lucky. The heat on the planet was unbearable and the loud noises didn't do much help to the girl who had been working all day long to find enough junk to have a small meal tonight. She admired her work and, for just one second, she sort of wanted to keep it herself, but she knew that would mean no food today. She stood up and wiped the sweat from her forehead, refusing to look like a weak child in front of the entire population of Niima Outpost, and proudly walked to the booth where people traded their findings and nick-nacks for a full stomach.

As she placed the piece of junk metal on the counter, Unkarr Plutt grunted at it and placed one portion on next to it, then grabbed it and stuck it in a bin. Rey grabbed it and stuck it in her pocket, then took off for her 'home'. She wasn't paying attention to where she was walking, though, and bumped into a large man on her way. He looked down at her and grabbed her by the shoulders, threatening to hurt her. But being a lone girl on this planet all on her own, Rey knew a thing or two about how to defend herself. This, however, was the real test. Fight or die. She kicked him in the groin and sunk her nails into his skin until he cried out in pain. By now, everyone in the general vacsinity was looking at them, watching a little girl beat the living daylights out of a grown man. How embarassing for him, she thought to herself as she walked off, away from them all. Now they knew what she was made of, good. Should teach them to not mess with her again. At least not until her family comes for her, that is. Because they will. They have to, right?

***

Poe climbed into the pilot's seat of an old rebel X-wing and Han was briefing him on the plan. Or he thought he was, to tell the truth, Poe wasn't listening to any of it. If he was going to do this, he was going to do it his way. He thought that a truly great pilot shouldn't have to be told how to fly, they should just do it. The attack wasn't easing away either, it kept coming, they kept coming.

"You got it, kid?" Han said and Poe nodded nonchalantly, Han gave him a smirk and then he backed off to let him go, and get into his own ship. Poe started up his X-wing and thought to himself that he could in fact die. It didn't matter, it was either do this, save lives, be a hero and risk dying in the process, or sit on the sidelines and feel guilt his whole life about not doing anything to help. This was the right thing to do. It had to be. His ship took off with a blast and he flew it smoothly, not making a single mistake. He fired at the First Order star-ships that were attacking the Resistance. He had to have taken down at least four by the time he reached the eye of the storm, so to speak. There were hundreds of ships getting ready to take off, luckily for Poe, he was able to fly in and out of the crowds of ships unseen, silently taking down one ship at a time. Once he had been fighting for about an hour, he had taken down ten ships altogether. The people fighting along side of him had taken down a good amount, now they only had half a fleet to deal with. Poe flew his ship in a down-ward formation and fired at the enemy, the others joined in on it and soon enough, there was only two ships left. A Resistance fighter ship flew over and shot one of them, but got hit in the process. Another one went over and shot one of them down, leaving just one ship left. Poe took the chance and shot at the ship as fast as he could, it fell down and exploded mid-air. They won.

Sorry for not updating for so dang lONG! I feel like I left the Wattpad world... But I'm back. Back again. Anyway, I wrote this a while ago actually, and I'm just now putting it up I guess.

I have excuses for being so absent though: I was on Fox-freaking-fracking-fricking News. National. Tv. And I looked.... Ugh.

Okay, so the reason I was on Fox was because my cousin has this revolutionary tour company he does, and Fox wanted to do a segment on it. And of course, they wanted kids in it (or teenagers too I guess). So I got a sPEAKING PART ON NATIONAL TV, FAM, ARE YOU PROUD?!

Anyway, I hope that's a decent-ish excuse.... No? Darn it.