제 1 회 - 봄날의 기억

제 1 회 - 봄날의 기억

한숨 (Breathe) - Lee Hi playing...

---

Kim Jiho's POV...

Two years, three months, one week, one day, eleven hours, fifty eight minutes, fifty six seconds and still counting...

I blankly stared at the grandfather's clock in the middle of my room. The clock ticked quietly, as I waited for it strike it's long arm at the number twelve..

*dong*

It finally sounded, I let out another sigh.

I lowered my feet on the wooden floor, pushing myself up from my mattress. Slowly walking towards the tall mirror, giving out a good glance at my reflection,

This person, used to be cheerful.. She would always give out joyous smiles to everyone, but now.. All she can offer is a straight face, bewildered expression and.. A frown..

How unfortunate, I never knew that people could also break another person's being..

I faced my bed, and turned head. I grabbed the hem of my long sleeves, and pulled it up. Now revealing the wound that I received two years ago..

It still hadn't faded, the keloid of the gunshot is still there..

"Aniyo! Doyoung-ah!" I quickly pushed him away and the loud shot of a bullet was heard..

I pulled my long sleeves down, taking the memories off my mind.

Grabbing my bag from the hook, I slung it on my shoulder before taking several steps out of my silent room. No words can explain my depression.. I passed through the hallways of the foreign mansion, only to see my family gone..

They're all working and busy.. I knew it,

Don't bother to ask what happened to past two years. I don't expect a normal life anyways, I'm now in my twelfth year in high school, a graduating student. Soon to take on college.

I wore my coat, holding the doorknob, I twisted it and pushed it. A walk around town would be great. The sun shone brightly, closing the door behind me. I marched my way out of the mansion.

Funny, one Korean wondering around the streets of Paris, still not taking interest among the lovely things and surroundings around her.

Unknowing swinging my leg, kicking the air. What a miraculous day it is, nobody seem to be strolling around these streets. Hah, for two long years here in Paris. I never showed a single hint of happiness anywhere or to anyone. Not even Mingyu. I wonder how he is now.. I kicked a pebble on the ground.

"How long has it been, old self?"

I asked the breeze, who blew on my face. "Tsk, April 2, 2018.. Good afternoon, how you doing?" I mentally asked myself, biting my lip just to hide my emotions which have been trying to break loose for two years already.. My mouth trembling, wanting me to speak up in those years, yet I had to control it.. My eyes which tears' had dried out long ago, my mind which no longer displays pictures of the past.

I've burned and buried them in the back of my mind..

"Mwo?"

He chuckled in amusement. "This? This is the one you told me, was applying?" He points me with his finger.

...yet, these are the only memories it left..

"Gomawo. Oh, what're you staring at? Wanna carry it?" Jiho asked me, showing me the blue bird.

"I don't want to."

"No, come on. You're wearing gloves anyway."

Such beautiful times.. The sight of it made me smile, which reminds me. I wonder how Doyeonnie is now, are they still alive?

I stopped at my tracks in the middle of the park, where the fountain was located. Making a wish won't hurt, I dug my hand inside my pocket and took out a penny.

I turned around, and gently closed my eyes. I wish, I had someone to be with me here in Paris.. I then threw the coin, and looked back at the fountain. Like that will happen... I breathed out first, before walking away from the fountain. Leaving the park.
I could go home now, I took my walk already. I'll just ride a taxi home, I called a cab. It stopped in front of me, and I rode it home.

---

I got home safely, I paid the driver with a smile. I got out of the cab, and went inside the house. Huh? Mingyu's home, I took off my coat and hung it on the stand. I went upstairs, turning my head to the right direction. I saw his door closed, I shrug off my thoughts, then just ignored him.

I entered my room, wondering if I should go talk to him. Because, these years of time, we never had a proper conversation. Since, I was ignoring him all the time. I never wanted to have word with him anymore. Because, it felt like it was pointless talking to him now. I was still bummed about him telling Doyoung before.. I closed the door behind me, and leaned my back on it.

"Hilarious, we live in the same roof, yet I feel like you're not here."

I shot up, and furrowed my eyes at the sudden voice. "What are you doing in my room?" I asked him, wearing a straight face. "Jiho! For goodness sake! What are you doing!?" He suddenly shouted at me, getting up on his feet. "Yah! What are you shouting about!?" I yelled at him return, this is just so.. Awkward now. "You know what I'm talking about! You've been ignoring and avoiding me for the passed two years! Why is that!?" I averted my eyes from him, and pursed my lips.

"Well!? Aren't you going to---" I cut him off, rudely. "You know why, Mingyu!" There it goes, a prickly feeling lingered inside me again.. "What? I don't get you! Is it because of that time in the airport!? Aish, Jiho. Just get over it! Because you---" —mwo? Is it me again?— "Because what!? I'm being immature!? Mingyu! You told me you won't tell him, yet you called him and made him come!? Do you even know how much pain you caused him!? And me!? Did you think that'll help us!?" My eyes showed my tears, flowing out of them.

"I'm sorry, alright!? I thought it would make you happy, even just for one last time. He needed you." His eyes also had tears, his lips trembling. "But, please, Jiho. Don't ruin our friendship, don't shut me out." Mingyu pleaded, I shut everyone out now. "I'm sorry, Mingyu. But, I shoved everyone away from me already." I bit my bottom lip, and closed my eyes.

"Just.. Leave me alone, Mingyu."

He sighed sadly, then walking pass by me.

"Jiho-ah, remember what you told Doyoung."

He stated, before I heard the door click.

Remember what?

I furrowed my eyes, and tried understanding his statement even more..

What does he mean?

---

A/N:

Hello everyone! Here it finally is! The first chapter of the Sequel of Candlelight which is now Starlight. I titled it 봄날의 기억 (Remember That) because this was full of remembering. And I dedicated this to: KpopBoyBandImagimes. Stay awesome!

Don't forget to vote and comment! And remember..

An apple a day keeps them doctors away! Stay healthy! 🍎💊🏨

-Apples