Part 13: Mom & Dad

You went in and Jungkook followed you. You went ahead to the kitchen and found your mom sitting there with your dad. They got up and hugged you.

"Finally you came. Now, where is he?" Your mom said with excitement in her eyes. Your dad was more serious but he also said "Yeah, where is that boy? I want to meet him."

"He's over there." You said and pointed to the door.

Jungkook came closer and he's facial expresion was clueless. Then you finally realized that you had spoken English with your parents and Jungkook isn't that good in English. You did a little facepalm. Then you changed to Korean and said "Mom and dad want to meet you. Come closer. :)"

Jungkook said quietly to you "Speak Korean then please so i understand also..."

Then Jungkook bowed deeply and said to your parents
"It's nice to meet you finally. Y/n has been such a helpful friend to me and she's very kind. I thank you for letting her be my friend."

Mom: Ooh, you're such a sweet boy, Jungkook. You should have come before, we would have met you earlier. But yes, it's nice to meet you too.
Dad: You aren't so bad as we thought with mom. Haha. :)
Y/n: Daddy~! Have you thought i hang out with bad boys??
Dad: Well you never know. Hahaha.

Jungkook was smiling. He seemed to relax also when he noticed that your parents weren't so serious either. Your mom lead you to the livingroom and put you two to sit down. There you then chatted for a long while with Jungkook and your parents.

The klock started to be already close to 9pm... »Should Jungkook leave soon... It starts to be very late.»

Jungkook noticed the time also and said "Oh, time flies. I'm sorry but i think i need to go now. My parents start to get worried."

»Parents? He has never spoke about his parents... I should meet them also someday, i think.»

Mom: It's okay. Time really flies with good company. It was very nice to get to know you, Jungkook. :)
Dad: She just spoke what i was about to say...
Mom: Haha, i'm sorry. *smiles with pity face*

Jungkook stood up, bowed, and said bye to your parents. You followed him and said quickly to your mom that you'll walk with him for a while and come back soon.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You are now walking with Jungkook, closer and closer to the forest.

Y/n: You have never told me about your parents... and you are now still heading to your camp.
Jungkook: Well, i haven't told about them since talking about them is bit hard for me still...
Y/n: What do you mean?
Jungkook: They have died.
Y/n: Ooh... i'm so sorry for your lost. And i shouldn't have asked.
Jungkook: It's okay. I actually should talk about it with someone so i won't keep it in all the time and then it won't bother me later... i just should invent someone who to talk.
Y/n: Could i be the one?

You sat down on some little rock and patted it to show Jungkook to sit next to you.

Jungkook: Maybe...
Y/n: Just go on and start. When did they die?
Jungkook: At middle summer. Somewhere at middle of July.
Y/n: So near... how did they die then?

Jungkook squeezed his lips together and looked to the ground. He was holding tears back.

Jungkook: They... they died in a war. In one war between... between...
Y/n: Just continue... between who?
Jungkook: Guardians and werewolves.

»Guardians??!! Have they fought against werewolves?!!»

Y/n: How did this war start?
Jungkook: There had already been many trespasses between us and the closest village of guardians. Then one day, we noticed a guardian on our side, it was enough. We decided to attack. Yongguk hyung was leading our attack with best of us with him; dad, mom, T.O.P hyung, Aron hyung, L hyung, Kai hyung and me. I was there mostly just to get some experience, not bc i was good. We thought that there would be enough of us to show that the guardians better stay in their territory. But we were wrong. Guardians had already planned an attack on us, and they were on their way to us. They were of course flying so they noticed us first and attacked. I got one of them on my back first. Then the fight started. I don't remember what actually happened, but then, i saw a guardian who was about to shoot my mom with bow and arrows. I was already fighting with one of them so it was hard to try to get to warm mom. And as you can expect, i was late. I was just about to shout a warning sign, but i was late. That guardian shot my mom and she happened to be in human's form for couple of seconds, so she died easily.

Jungkook stopped and covered his head in his hands. You hugged him and whispered "If you aren't able to continue, we can talk about this later." He answered "I want to talk this through now."

Jungkook: Then, i ran to mom, but i saw that she had died and there was nothing to do anymore. Dad and i got fierce and tried to do a revenge. But we couldn't, there was too many of them. Then after a while, i saw dad fighting with another guardiang with a sword. Dad was outnumbered and tired. I fought my way next to him and we fought against that bird together. But right away when i turned around to see if there was anyone behind me attacking on me, some other guardian came with a sword, and killed my dad. That sword was some kind of a hard material that it was able to kill a werewolf with couple strokes.

Jungkook put his head back to his hands and you saw a single tear coming down on his cheek.

"That's such a bad way to lose your parents... i feel sad for you. Is this why you said that the guardian is enemy?" You said.

Jungkook: ... Yes. But there is one more thing also that makes us all hate guardians. They broke some of our ordinances. And those ordinances are between all werewolves and all guardians.
Y/n: But they didn't violate any of your clan's own things like... anything holy?
Jungkook: No. We don't have much that kind of things. Guardians are more like that.
Y/n: What ordinances did they break then?
Jungkook: We have one ordinance which says that you can't harm the healer or their student of werewolves or guardians. Healers shall not be harmed because they don't fight at all, so we aren't allowed to harm them either. But they did that. They killed our old healer.
Y/n: Killed?! So Lucy hasn't been as your healer for long?
Jungkook: No, she hasn't. She was student, but now she became the healer since the old one died.
Y/n: What other ordinances did the guardians break?
Jungkook: They stole prey frol our area. That ordinance is one of those what we werewolves keep very important because we don't eat much anything else than what this forest gives to us.
Y/n: I thought that quardians are like human... i didn't know that they hunt also.
Jungkook: Well there is a difference. Guardians are so picky that they cook their food so it won't be raw. And then they eat also some vegetables and like that. We prefer meat when it's raw. Yum!
Y/n: Uugh... okay. But what will happen if you break those rules or ordinances?
Jungkook: Well, usually that clan what got neglected attacks. That's the most common way to show that the other clan isn't allowed to do everything they want. But sometimes the leaders meet and have a conversation.
Y/n: Why didn't you attack again then?
Jungkook: We weren't able to do that. We are still recovering and i think we are bit outnumbered if we fight against that village of guardians. I need to add one thing: since our attack went terribly, we lost the battle and also one part of our territory. That guardian wasn't far from his territory because they stole that area from us. He wouldn't have been able to come so close if he would have stayed on his side and the territories would still be the same.
Y/n: I think i understand now. But all these ordinances are so weird to me... so many of them.
Jungkook: Hahah! There was just two. But hey, thank you so much for listening.

Jungkook is now looking at you with peaceful smile and warm look. You noticed that it was the same look which he had layed on Lucy before...

»The same look... and i just had wished that he would look at me like that too. Oh ou, i'm blushing. Calm down. Why am i like this?»

Jungkook came closer and hugged you. For some reason it made your heart flutter. You blushed now in the way that he was able to see it easily. Jungkook smiled and stood up.

"You should go back to your home. You said you'll be back soon and you have already sat here for a while." Jungkook said.

"Did you hear what i said to mom?" You stood up and said.

"Every word. Wolf's sense of hearing is pretty good." Jungkook said and grinned.

"I see, i see..." you said.

Then, Jungkook said "Good night, and sweet dreams" and transformed. He looked at you for a while, then he howled a bit, and left.

»He looks pretty cool as wolf...»

You turned around and went back to your home.

____________________________________________________________________

~ Iiris