Part 26: Practicing

*Jungkook's pov*

Phew, now she left, and I have time to prepare for the coming battle.

Yongguk approaches me, and asks "I heard from others what had happened. Good that she's fine now. Does she know about the coming attack?"

Jungkook: No, not yet. Do you want her to know?

Yongguk: I'm not saying that you should tell her, but she would get to know it before or later anyways.

Jungkook: You're right...

Yongguk: But now, it's time for some practice. You can't just go and fight without practicing.

Jungkook: Umm... Hyung... I've been thinking a little and... Would it mind much if I'd miss the battle?

At that moment, Yongguk became strict.

Yongguk: I thought we had already talked about this.

Jungkook: Yes, we did. But-

Yongguk: You know my answer, we need E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E, everyone.

Jungkook: Well then, do you actually believe in our win?

Yongguk narrowed his eyes. He doesn't -or any leader doesn't- like if someone questions his decisions.

Yongguk: Do you question our clan's power or that how I choose my men for the battle?

Jungkook: No, not of course, my leader.

I notice Aron and L watching us with concentration, and I continue.

Jungkook: But shall I recommend thinking about the amount of our men, comparing to the last battle? We lost, as we know, and our numbers haven't increased.

Yongguk looks at me with uncertainty, and seems to be bit surprised of the way I said the sentence. I have to admit, I'm not one of the most polite ones in our clan... Hopefully Yongguk respects my politeness, and doesn't think that I'm being rude by questioning him. I do know very well that no one should question the leader, and just do how they order.

Yongguk: ... Even though I wouldn't like to say this, I see your point. I didn't expect someone as young as you to point something out. But since you noticed the problem, how did you think about solving it?

Jungkook: Well... Um... I'm not the leader...

Yongguk: But to become one, you must know how to solve problems.

Jungkook: Well... Could we.... Could we...

I look at Aron and L with pleading gaze but they give no help. And Yongguk is still waiting for the answer.

Jungkook: Could we ask some help?

Yongguk: From who? Humans?!

Jungkook: No! Not of course! I meant some other wolf clan! If it is possible...

» Uugh, Yongguk is testing me. And I'm so nervous.»

Yongguk: What clan do you think would help us? They have their own problems! And our territory is so large that it would take a day to go to other clan's camp and come back!

I wince when Yongguk snaps at me like that. He seems to be able to change moods in a nanosecond.

Jungkook: I... I could go.

Yongguk: No! You need to practice. We have no time to waste so we need to use it all to prepare for the attack. We can't just leave you without practicing and let go to ask some help, which we surely won't get!

And with that fierce look, he leaves me there with L and Aron.

Jungkook: For a second I really thought that he would agree with me.

Aron: You know how determined Yongguk hyung can be when it comes to his orders. But I kinda agree with you, we need more allies.

Jungkook: Then why don't you do anything to get some?

L and Aron took a look at each others.

L: After all, we need to respect our leader's orders.

Aron: L hyung is right.

Jungkook: But L hyung, you are vice leader! Can't you discuss about this with Yongguk hyung?

L: Your game is already lost Jungkook.

And then, they left me there also. I head towards my room in frustration, and start to claim to myself that L was wrong about what he just said!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After walking around my room and thinking for a while, I got an idea. It might be dangerous, and insane. But that's what I'm also. Is this wise? No. But it seems to be like that I need to implement the plan after all...

________________________________________

~Iiris