Part 37: First Lesson

》He has accepted me...》

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Once you get back to Jungkook, he exclaims "You will be taught by Yongguk hyung himself! What a honor! You must be special."

"Haha. I can't wait for the first lesson though!" You say in excitement.

"But we will celebrate first." L joins your conversation.

"What will we celebrate? That we won?" You ask.

"Yes. And that we've got a new member in our clan." Jungkook says and smiles.

"So, where will we hunt?" L asks.

"Does hunting belong in celebrating somehow...?" You ask.

"A celebration is never a celebration without lots of good and fresh food." Jungkook says while licking his lips.

"Raw meant doesn't sound attractive to me..." You hesitate.

"Oh, you will love it. Once you get to hunt and taste some, you can't live without it." L claims.

"Lucy noona barely lets me hunt, I bet. I can't join you, unfortunately." Jungkook says with disappointed voice.

"And I have no idea how to hunt... But I'd like to give it a try!" You say.

"You should ask Yongguk hyung to teach you." L says with cheerful voice.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

With excitement, you went to Yongguk, and he gladly agreed to teach you. Now, you are in the forest, and ready to learn.

Yongguk: So, first I need to tell you the theory before you get to do anything. Some say, that it's all about timing, but I think it needs something more. You need to wait for the right moment, and you also need to know when to attack. Then you need to know how you can get closer to the prey without it notices you.

You nod and listen carefully. >> Oh, why can't I try already...>>

Yongguk: Then, there is two ways of attacks. Group attack, and solo attack. Group attacks are used often with bigger preys so we'll practice just the solo attack this time. First, I'll show you the position where you prowl the prey. And when you feel like it, copy me.

Yongguk transforms and drops into a crouch. His stomach is nearly touching the ground, and his tail is straight and still. You transform and copy. Yongguk tells you to keep the position so he'll check it.

"Keep your tail still. The prey would have heard you. And bottom down, you aren't going to dig." Yongguk orders.

"Good. So you use this position with preys which are smaller than deers. Like rabbits or foxes. Here in our territory is not much underbrush, so we need to bend down." Yongguk explains and you sit down.

"Then the way you should move. You shall copy me again." Yongguk says.

Yongguk drops into the same position as earlier, but this time he starts to move slowly ahead. His body goes smoothly above the ground like he would be flying, and his steps don't leave a single voice.

You decide to give it a try and focus on stepping carefully and keeping your bottom down and tail still.

"You seem to learn fast. But keep your claws in, you need to release them only when attacking. But I think we can move on attacking now." Yongguk says.

After numerous repeats and jumps, Yongguk lets you to hunt for real.

"Let's give you one of the most immemorial memory of student life. You get to hunt your first prey." Yongguk says.