Chapter 27

A N A S T A S I A

"Zack?" I asked and he lifted his head.

"Wha- Anastasia?" He asked surprised.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"My family moved here like a month ago, I'm transferring schools too," he smiled.

"Which school?" I asked.

"Blackwell Academy, ever heard of it?" He asked.

"I go to Blackwell..." I mumbled.

"Really! That's so cool!" He exclaimed.

"More like awkward. Does your mom still hate me?" I asked him and he sighed.

"My mom never hated you. She loved you," he mumbled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Sit down," he demanded and I obeyed, "When I broke up with you, it was because I knew I was going to move right after my third year of high school, I was going to move. And I did," he confessed.

"So you lied to me?" I said.

"I mean... Not really. My mom didn't think you were the best but she didn't exactly hate you. And you have to understand, I was moving. I didn't want it to be long distance. But I'm here now," he smiled warmly.

I then heard the door of the diner open. I looked back and it was Nathan. Goddammit! Today just isn't my day, is it?

"Anastasia? Who is this?" Nathan asked, putting his arm around my waist, holding me tightly.

"This is Zack, he's an old frien-"

"Boyfriend," Zack smirked.

"I thought you only sated Warren?" Nathan questioned me.

"Warren? Damn, I hate him. After what he did to you? I hope Nick beat him," Zack chuckled.

"Who is this?" Zack asked me.

"This is Nathan... My boyfriend," I smiled.

"Huh, three boys. Your pretty beautiful, I would expect you'd have more boyfriends. But you are innocent with dating. And you're very picky, I was lucky," he chuckled again and Nathan was holding onto me tighter.

"So was I," Nathan mumbled.

"Nathan, can you go get some coffee?" I asked and he nodded.

"What the fuck?" I snapped at Zack.

"What? I'm just telling him the truth. You can't lie to your boyfriends or girlfriends," he shrugged.

"Listen, Nathan has serious jealousy and anger issues. You already got off the wrong foot with him, make one more move like that... Trust me, you'll be sorry," I warned him and then Nathan came back with a cup of coffee for me.

"So, cutting class? Doesn't seem like you does it?" Zack chuckled.

"That was past me. I'm not the little shy girl I was before," I sighed.

"What's that on your arm?" He asked, taking my wrist, "You relapsed..."

"Its nothing, I gotta go. See you tomorrow," I said goodbye.

I dragged Nathan outside and I could tell he was a bit mad. I ignored it and began to pull him in the direction of Blackwell.

"Why did you say you see him tomorrow?" Nathan asked me and I sighed.

"Because, he's coming to our school," I answered and he got really mad.

"Why were you being so nice to him? Didn't he like do something bad to you... Like Warren?" Nathan asked and I shook my head.

"He broke up with me because he was moving. He didn't want to have a long distance relationship because it would be been to hard to manage," I said and he looked at me confused.

"Do you still like him?" He asked me.

"No, don't be silly Nathan. You're my boyfriend and you're the only person I need. Think of Zack as a friend, that's all. I have no feelings for him as a boyfriend. I love you," I promised him and he looked unsure.

"Really? I think you're lying," he mumbled.

"I'm not lying!" I defended myself.

"You only get defensive when you're lying," he looked at me sternly.

"Nath-" I started but he cut me off.

"Whatever. Have your fun with him," he said and walked away.

"I can't... I love you both," I whispered to myself.

**********

Ohhhh! Zack is ruining this! Drama!!!! Haha

~Alex/Tatiana