Chapter 37

A N A S T A S I A

Nathan told me to come to my dorm, that he has a surprise for me. So as of right now, I'm heading to my dorm. When I entered the dormitory, I immediately realized that my door was open.

I rushed to my room but before I could get there, I saw a tall figure stand at the door. I looked closer and then I screamed in excitement and I to them.

"NICK!" I screamed and jumped on him.

Some girls got scared and came out there dorms.

"I missed you so much..." I smiled and started to tear up.

"Please tell me you're moving back here," I let go of him and he got sad.

"Im sorry, but I didn't move far, just thirty minutes away from here," he replied and I felt so much relief.

"Thank god! I thought you moved out of state or something! Why'd you move?" I asked him in curiosity.

"I just didn't want to be stuck in Arcadia Bay forever. I wanted to expand my opportunities," he said and I nodded.

"Now I'm more happy, knowing that you didn't move far and it wasn't because of me," I smiled at him.

"Nathan actually called me to come, he said that you've been having a rough time," he stated with a frown and I frowned as well.

"I got diagnosed with dysthymia depression... but its fine, I've been taking meds for it and I feel better," I flashed him a smile.

"Good, and don't go off your meds like last time," he demanded.

"I promise I won't," I promised him.

I had a flashback of when I was last of my meds... I wanted to cry so bad but I couldn't break down in front of Nick, I don't want to worry him...

*Flashback*

I was sitting in my room when Hayden came into my room. He looked at me sadly. I haven't left my room in almost a week and I didn't want to get off my bed. I haven't even gotten up to eat. My brothers had to bring me all my food.

"Are you sure you've been taking your meds?" He asked me worryingly.

"Yeah," I stated and he sighed.

"Whatever you say," he shook his head looking down.

"Why do you all think I'm lying! I'm not!" I took an empty glass bottle and threw it at the wall near Hayden.

"Show me your pill bottle then," he said and I nodded, grabbing my pill bottle.

"Wh- No! I remember taking them! I took them!" I tried to defend myself while looking at the almost fill bottle of medication.

"You need to stop with this Anastasia. You really do, you keep lying. Take your meds," he told me and I groaned, rolling my eyes.

I could've sworn I took them so no. I'm not gonna take more. I wasn't lying. It was just a new prescription... Yeah, that was it. A new prescription, that's all.

Hayden left my room and I sighed. I had to clean up this whole mess... I regret throwing the bottle. My mom is going to kick my ass if I don't clean this up soon. So, I get the broom and dust pan, using to sweep up the broken pieces of glass. Until I got to the last little piece...

I don't know what it was but something was telling me just to hurt myself... I was fighting the urge so hard but then eventually gave up...

I grabbed the piece of glass from the floor and then pulled up my sleeves. I made a deep cut, but not deep enough to cut a vein. I did the same on my thigh and my stomach... I looked at my pill bottle and then my eyes shot next to it. Pain Killers... I grabbed the bottle and took some. I didn't take much, or at least I don't remember taking that much...

I immediately regretted all of this when Kalup walked into the room. We were both only 14... He didn't know much about self harm but he knew me well enough to know I'd hurt myself purposely. He screamed for Hayden and then Nick. They all stood in the door way looking at me with sadness. I soon began to realize what I've done but it was too late because by the time I had, Nick had already been driving me to the hospital...

*End Of Flashback*

I sighed at the thought of what I did. I regretted it so much but everyone still treats me like I'm delicate. They're always scared to tell me the truth... They treat me as if they can't tell me anything. Everybody treats me like that...

Okay... I need to stop thinking like this. Today I'm going to spend some time with Nick and I'm not going to let this way of thinking stop me.

I just need to have some fun, let loose