Losing war

Apparently, Sasuke and I are somewhat arguing. I was going back and forth about my reasons to quit and hes convincing me to stay. And somehow, I ended up mentioning the past. He never did explain why he suddenly left. My phone rang and I realize it was Kiba calling, I got so caught up in this fight I didn't know it was 6:08PM.

"Thats it. I had enough. I'm leaving." I walked off.

"Oi, Naruto." He followed behind me. And we walked through the office while he kept on calling for my name. Everyone was surprise how a rubbish boy was ignoring a big shot boss. I entered the lift and when the doors are closing, his hands held the doors. "Naruto." He called for me again. I refused to answer. I just kept pushing him out of the lift. "Do you mind? My ride is waiting for me." "Stay. I'll drive you home instead." "No thanks." I pushed him out when he let his guard down. "Oi, Naruto!" The lift doors closed. I saw that remorseful face of his.

I reached the first floor and i exited the building. In the reflection of the glass door, I could see Sasuke catching up to me. I quickly ran into Kiba's car. "Lets go!" I yelled. He noticed Sasuke running up towards us and he got into the car quickly. He caught the Kiba's door before it had a chance to close. Dammit. We were so close to end this bullshit.

"Let go you bastard." Kiba hit Sasukes hand against the door. "Can't you see he doesn't want to talk to you?" He dragged Kiba out of the car by his collar. And dumped him on the ground. Then he made sure Kiba was a safe distance away from the car door so he wouldn't drive away before trying to open my door. But my door was locked. His hands slam against the window as he commanded me to open up. But i refused. Kiba was struggling to get up so he stepped on Kiba's head. "Hey!" I shouted. I wanted to help, but i knew what will happen if i go out. I'm no match against Sasuke, he'll drag me back. Sasuke unlocked my door at the master lock from the driver's seat. I locked it right back. He unlocked it again, I locked it again. "Open it!"

"Screw you! You ain't my boss anymore!" He unlocked my door once more and I had an idea. I opened my door resulting in hitting Sasuke and since Kiba was on the floor, the door did not touch a single hair of his. Sasuke was on the ground holding onto his stomach, grumbling in pain. For a second I felt guitly, Kiba got back into the car and drove away. As soon as kiba started the engine, Sasuke got up on his feet and tried to chase the car. My guiltiness started to rise. But thinking back on how he suddenly left me, I suddenly felt like he deserved it.

He just suddenly disappeared from my life. Left me for another woman. All those nights, he swore he loved me, he lied. He clearly deserved it. He said he'd never leave.. me..alone.. My tears was falling freely. I had no control of it. I wiped them away, fearing it would destroy Kiba if he saw me in this state. A gut feeling told me he did.

FRIDAY 8:19PM

Dinner was quiet. None of us spoke a complete sentence. I broke the silence by asking, " How's your head?"

"It would be nice if you massaged my head for me."

"Haha! Screw you! Im not your girlfriend!"

"Yeah, if i asked, would you be mine though?"

"Huh? Did Sasuke kick you in your head made you haywire?"

"I'm joking." He laughed. I nervously laughed. I don't think he was. He would never joke about something like that.

I took my plate and washed all the dishes. He confessed his love to me before. But i rejected it. We are just like bestfriends now. Nothing more. Was I still in love with Sasuke though? No. No. Never again. I learnt my lesson. My mind has got to tell my heart it learnt it's lesson!

A knocking on my front door interrupted my thoughts. Kiba and I immediately looked at each other. The war wasn't over. It has to be Sasuke! I ran up to the door, "No don't open it!" Kiba loudly whispered. "Hell, I'm never going to open it. I'm just peeking through the doorhole to see who is it." I peeked through and confirmed it was Sasuke. He had a very miserable look. He slided a letter under the door, knowing we'll never open it. Kiba grabbed the letter. "Its your pay for today."

"I don't need it." I snatched the letter back and place the cash back into it before sliding it down the door. But when I looked through the doorhole, he wasn't there anymore. Dammit, we had no choice but to take back the letter. I gave the money to Kiba and Kiba handed me the letter. "Something is written in it." "Oh?" I opened the letter and walked off to the bedroom for privacy.

"Naruto,

Please give me another chance. I'm willing to wait. Please meet me and talk to me. Hear me out, I missed you terribly. When I finally found where you were, I was overjoyed. I understand why you hate me so much, I deserved it. But I truly meant what I said. Meet me tomorrow at 8PM at a place we used to see the sunset together.

I love you so much.

Sasuke."

My tears were falling again. I remember vividly the times we spend together watching the sunset. Why does he have to make me remember when I spent all those months trying to forget. And when I finally forget, he appears and make me recall everything again!

It isnt fair. Why am I the only one suffering so much?

I heard Kiba yelling outside, " Listen you, asshole. I'm telling you to LEAVE NARUTO ALONE."

...

"What the fuck do you not understand?"

...

"What? It's none of my business? Naruto is mine! Of course, its my business!"

I snatched the phone out of Kiba's hand and ended the call. I could see he was furious. "God dammit!" He punched the wall. I shouldn't drag Kiba down with me.. Into my affairs.

Maybe I wasn't the only one suffering after all.