Unexpected

11:29AM, Tuesday

"Here."

My boss handed me my phone that he snatched from me last night. Also the reason why I was late.

It's all his fault.

All of it!

I rudely grabbed it from his hand, complaining under my breath. "Have you emailed the confidential files to Wolfes and Xover yet?"

"No.." It totally slipped my mind, it was due yesterday! But because of yesterday's incident... Oh shit, I messed up big time. "Is it okay if I start on it now?" I timidly looked at my strict boss.

He sighed and shook his head, "It's fine. You go on and join the rest for lunch."

"I.."

"Just go." He simply brushed me off as he began typing away on his laptop.

It kinda hurt.

11:34PM, Tuesday

I closed his office door behind me and heaved a loud sigh.

Second day of work and I screwed up big time already. Maybe I'm just no good at these office - admin stuff.

"Are you upset, Naruto?" A calming voice approached me. I looked up to see who it was. Sai patted my shoulder, assuringly. "It will all get better." He says it with a smile but his voice was emotionless.

I smiled in appreciation, but it didn't help one bit. No one can understand the hell of a situation I'm in.

But why does he care so much?

Oh, I recalled Sai telling Sasuke I am a dear friend of his..

Dear friend..

11:42AM, Tuesday

We were seated outside a near by bakery, snacking on their sandwiches and muffins.

"Are you sure you'll be alright with just eating this, Naruto?" Again, he asked with concern but he doesn't show any.

I nodded, "Yeah. I don't have much appetite today." I bit down on my egg and ham sandwich.

Suddenly he grabs my hand and it startled me that I almost choked on my sandwich. "Are you okay, Naruto?"

He puts down his coffee on the table, and touched my forehead.

I shook my head as I snickered, "I'm really fine. I'm not falling sick."

"Naruto?" I heard a familiar voice calling out to me from behind.

I looked behind to be greeted by a pleasant surprise.

"Kiba! I never expected to see you here!" I got up from my chair and hugged him.

"Because your phone was turned off you dummy, you had me worried sick!" Kiba wrapped his arms around me in comfort, knowing I was safe and sound.

"You mean you came all this way to find me?" My eyes beamed with joy.

"Yeah, I knew you worked for the bastard-" Sai came to our side and distanced us so suddenly.

"Hi, I'm Sai. Naruto's colleague." He stuck out his hand for a handshake.

Kiba looked at me with a what-the-fuck-is-up-with-this-guy face and I shrugged, Kiba could only shake his hand in confusion. "And you are?" Sai asked, he seemed very interested to know who Kiba was.

"I'm Kiba.. Naruto's best friend..?" Kiba answered, still muddled. The handshake was still on-going and Sai's smile was displayed on his face for way too long, it felt fake.

Behind this pretense, lies what senses like rivalry.