Second place

I sat down slowly on the couch as if I was breaking down. It was still warm from Kiba's body heat. He must have waited for me here the entire night. I switched on my phone again. No missed calls. No texts.

Maybe he was just busy?

With Sakura..

My mind knows best how to kill me.

Yup. A piece of me died right then. Thanks, my own mind.

I wasn't worried, at all. Hah..Nor was I jealous. Of course, I trust him.. I know he loves me.. More?

Does he even love Sakura?

I can't stand it, why did Kiba have to leave me alone in the dark accompanied with my bad thoughts..

I decided to call Sasuke. To let him know I reached home safely.

Or maybe to check on him.

So much for trusting..

Brrr brrr.. Brrr..Brr..

It seems forever ringing, but no one answers.

Please pick up Sasuke..What can you be doing (with Sakura) at 2:30AM?

I tried calling once more, indecisively, I clicked the dial button.

It rings, but no one answers.

He can't possibly be asleep can he?

He usually waits up, until I texted him I reached home safely. If not, he'll send me home himself. But that was back then when we actually were together. Now he's together with Sakura. Maybe he does that with her?

Please don't tell me I'm in second place.

Dammit.. Sasuke.

Are we even a couple right now?

I'm not sure if I want to be with you.. I'll be the third party. You're cheating on Sakura.. I'm a person with morals.. I can't do this..

I can't..

I lied down, hoping for a good rest on the couch. It was cold. I didn't want to sleep yet. I waited for his call.

Maybe he was still driving home..

I wonder if he was thinking about me right now..

MONDAY, 6:40AM

My eyes opened, meeting with the sunlight. Dammit.. Its so bright. Who drew the curtains?

Oh right, I looked around. I was still in the living room..

I looked right beside me, my phone was lying there. That's right.. I fell asleep waiting for Sasuke's call or text. I quickly checked. But my hopes led to disappointment quick.

No missed calls, no texts.

What the hell are you up to Sasuke?

It was a monday, surely he was awake already. He has to work, unlike me.

My hand trembled as I pressed the call button.

Brrr..brr.. Brr brr... Brr..

It was times like this that seems the longest.

"Hell..o?" His voice was deeper than usual. He sounded blur, half-asleep.

I woke him up.

"Sorry..good morning. Naruto here."

"Oh, what's-"

"Who's that, Sasuke?" a lady's voice interrupted.

"It's so early.." she complained. She sounded close, was she sharing the same bed as Sasuke? Was she hugging him?