Consequences of love

Monday, 9:25AM

While Kiba was still making a ruckus, I was texting my significant other.

"Tell me the truth, Sasuke. I called you last night. Were you asleep?"

"No. I had an argument with Sakura."

"Oh. :( what happened?"

"She suspects that I'm cheating on her."

" Well.. Are you? :/"

Well it was awkward. But I impatiently waited for a reply. Meanwhile, in reality, the door opened.

Shikamaru appeared behind it and immediately yawned loudly.

"How troublesome.." he mumbled when we entered the apartment.

Akamaru pounced on Kiba and lick the crap out of him before moving on to me."Aww..! We missed you!!!" I stroked the little buddy and gave him plenty of kisses and hugs.

"Good news, you can come home with us!!" Kiba announced.

Akamaru barked and wagged his tail happily as if he knew what we were saying. Maybe he's just happy to see us.

And so we were happy to see him.

Monday, 9:46AM

Shikamaru and Kiba sat down, catching up with one another as Akamaru laid down on Kiba's lap while he stroke him.

I turned back to my phone, checking if there was a reply. Then sighed when there was none. My sigh caught Kiba's attention, he turned around and called out to me.

"Yo, Naruto! What are you doing standing there? Come join us."

I snapped back into reality, nodded and joined them. Ugh, what am I doing? Why is it that whenever it comes to Sasuke, I drift apart from reality. I go into my own world.

I wonder if that only happens to me?

I sat down with a heavy heart. This is so dangerous falling in love with him. I can't..

Take this.

Anymore.

Please make me feel better.

I want to feel better.

"Are you alright?" Kiba held my clenched up fist. "Are you hurt?"

I shook my head and bit my lip.

My heart hurts.

My head hurts.

Suddenly a vibration from a device in my palm instantly chase all of my pain away.

The message from the sender : Sasuke

I immediately smiled and clicked to read it.

Abruptly, Kiba snatched my phone and I couldn't read the message I was waiting ages for.

"Hey, stop playing with your phone. Talk to us."

"Yeah," Shikamaru yawned, "You've been playing with it ever since-"

"I'm not playing with it! Return it to me! It's important!" I yelled and caught them off guard.

Both looked at me with wide eyes, shocked.

After I realized it was me who yelled I quickly apologized. "I'm .. Sorry.. I'm sorry."

I calmed myself down.

Why is it that whenever it comes to Sasuke I'm so emotional and unstable?

Kiba held my hand tightly,

"Look, Naruto. I'm doing this for your own good. Stay away from him."

His eyes never strayed from mine.

I pulled back my hand, "You don't know anything."

"All I know is as soon as you're in contact with him, you're hurt. Again!"

The brunette raised his voice, eyes still locked with mine.

Can it be whenever it comes to me, he drift apart from reality as well?

"I hate seeing you hurt. And I can't do fucking anything about it!"

Shikamaru took my phone from Kiba.

"This was suppose to be a happy occasion."

Monday, 10.08AM

Everyone was quiet, Kiba was patting Akamaru and looking very down, sitting beside Shikamaru.

Shikamaru was on the couch as well, watching television.

I was sitting on the bed, thinking where my phone could be.

Did I spoiled this happy occasion?

Was it my fault?

I've got to fix it.

I made my way to the couch and sat beside Kiba.

I patted Akamaru, "Hey lil' buddy.."

"Don't even try, I won't return it." Kiba spoke without his eyes leaving from the television.

"Wha-? I'm not! I'm genuinely to make it up to you guys!"

My phone vibrated in Kiba's pocket. It was a long continuous vibration, so I figured it was a call.

"Can you at least check who is it? It might be important." I requested.

Kiba swiftly slide my phone out of his pocket, and looked at the screen with anger.

He pressed the answer button,

"Stay. Away. From. Naruto." and then he hung up.

"Hey, what the fuck? I asked you to check not to answer!"

He folded his arms, and kept silent.

"This is a fucking invasion of privacy." I stormed out of the apartment and slammed the door behind me.

Kiba sighed with a broken heart and let go of the angry face mask.

It all turned to agony.

"Did you think what I did was right?"

Shikamaru nodded, "It was for the best."

"I really hate seeing him hurt. I'd rather he hate me instead." A tear dropped from his eye.

Monday, 10.33AM

I was outside on my own, finding a pay phone and searching for change in my pockets.

Love made me stubborn.

Love made me blind.

I couldn't find a single pay phone or some change.

Everything is going wrong today.

So,I decided to walk home since I didn't even have change to take the bus.

All I could think of was Kiba and Sasuke.

When I reached my door, I realized the keys was with Kiba. Everything that could went wrong today did go wrong. Argh! I punched the door in anger, but someone grabbed my fist from behind.

"Don't hurt yourself."

That voice.

Sasuke.

I turned behind, "What are you doing here?"

"Kiba took your phone, and there was no way I could reach you. So I waited here for your return."

"I'm not cheating on her. I'm not in love with her at all. I'm in love with you. And only with you. So how could I be cheating on her when I have no feelings for her? That was my reply."

He smiled as in pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm so messed up, Sasuke.. I don't know what to do anymore."

Why is it whenever it comes to Sasuke I just break?