Reason

For a moment there I got stuck in the past, remembering how we used to cuddle on the grass watching the sunset.

I pushed away his hands which were wrapped around me, how can you act like nothing has happened all these months? How can you break someone into so many pieces and still want to break what's left of them? Are you that merciless..

I felt my eyes filling up with tears, I tried hard not to let any escape.

He embraced me again, this time i threw his hands off me. I turned around quickly, and pushed him so hard he dropped onto the soft grass.

"Stop acting like you adore me but you don't!" I was clenching my fists, as it tremble so did my lips.

The taller male sighed as he got up, "Look, I requested to meet you because I want to explain myself." He dust his jeans.

I stayed silent, waiting for the answer I've been asking myself for months. What did I do wrong?

Why did you have to go? And leave me all alone?

I mentally prepared myself for the harsh answer. Was it going to be 'I don't love you anymore'? Or 'don't need you anymore'?

He took a deep breath in, " My family is a very recognized and wealthy family. Before my father passed away, he begged me to get married so he could pass down the company to me. If I didn't get married before my cousin, the company would have been passed down to my cousin."

He exhaled with a sad look in his eyes, "I couldn't marry you no matter how much I wanted to, could I? The seniors would never approve of it. Coincidentally there was a model, Sakura, who's been trying to get my attention. I had no choice. I thought by getting the money and company, I could provide for you. You could live a better life. But before I could find you to break the news, you disappeared."

He inhaled in again, with a crack in his voice he said, " I missed you terribly."

He successfully pulled me into his arms. I felt his heart aching as he whimpered. "I did everything to find you, I tried everything. You were no where to be found, you simply vanished from my life. I was destroyed." I felt his tears soaking into my shirt as he tighten the hug.

I wasn't the only one hurting.. Why am I so blind. So selfish. Why do I only think of my own agony?

He must have suffered a lot these months, on his own.

"Honestly, I rather trade my company, fame and money for you. I regretted my decision. Please forgive me. Please..."

" I can't.. I can't live without you." He broke down.

I froze. I was shocked, what should I say? I am useless. I kept quiet as I patted his back softly. The wind blew strong, as the cold night was about to come.

It felt like I was in a movie, it was too sudden. I could have never in a million years expected this.

Sasuke dried his eyes and kissed my forehead. "I love you."