Second chance

FRIDAY 9:53PM

The rest of the night with Kiba was extremely quiet, unusually quiet. We are loud people, who could have imagined we would stay quiet over such a matter?

"I'm going out to buy some beer." I got up from the couch, I couldn't stand the silence between us. I put on a coat and headed out. Should I attempt to talk to Kiba? What would we talk about? I sighed, putting a palm on my forehead. This is so exhausting. I walked the familiar path to the nearest convenience store when suddenly an image of my past love popped up in my mind. I remembered about the letter. Should I meet him tomorrow? Does he even deserve my second chance? I'm not risking anything and make myself shatter all over again. It took so long to piece me back together, despite having scars.. I don't want to fall for him again.

Wait, did i fall for him already?

I hasten to the convience store, being alone makes me think a lot more. Surely I can't be in love with him again, it's for sure.. I entered the store, took a couple of beers, paid and left. When I was returning home, all my mind could think of was - "You are not in love " repeatly. I will force myself to believe that! I am not in love.. but the thought weaken when another image of Sasuke popped up in my head.

Nonononono! "I AM NOT IN LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE!" I pulled my hair, ignoring the stares and giggles around me.

FRIDAY: 10:22PM

"I'm home." I uttered.

"Welcome home!" Kiba chuckled. He looked happy, huh? Did something happen when I was gone? "Y..you okay?" I swallowed.

"Yup. Giving me some time alone made me think things through. I don't want to make you any more miserable than you already are." He patted my head.

"Now let's drink!" He cheered.

I'm glad to see the happy Kiba again.

FRIDAY 11:18PM

"That stupid bastard won't leave you alone!" Dog breath went on and on. "He knew you were hurt but he decided to come back? What the fuck? I spend all the time he wasn't there with you. When you were finally-" I covered his mouth. His face was all red, "Hey i think you're drunk."

"I'm not drunk!" He tried to pull my hands away.

"You know, Naruto. I really really love you."

"Yep. You're drunk." I snickered.

"I'm not drunk!" He repeated. " Really really love you.." He grabbed the back of my head as he leaned in. "Kiba!" I slapped him. He dropped his can of beer.

"Why?! Why don't you feel the same? What does he have that I dont?! In fact, I'm better than him! I've been there for you , I've treated you well." He spoke as his eyes were watery. I stayed silent. I always and only look up to him as my best friend. Nothing more. But I couldn't say that could I? I sipped my beer, looking into his eyes. Kiba must have drank alot, I looked down onto the floor counting the crushed beer cans. He's usually a good drinker. Was he drinking away his sorrows?

"I really do love you, Naruto." He muttered as he laid on the cold floor.

"I know, but.." Seeing him like this killed me, his eyes closed as his breathing went even. He fell asleep. Tears still leaking out of his eyes. I wiped them away and whispered, "Sorry.."

SATURDAY 11:39AM

I woke up with a headache. After I carried the heavy Kiba to bed, I went on drinking the left over unopened beer cans. I turned to face the other male, he was still soundly asleep. I tried to crawl over Kiba as I was sleeping against the wall. Being the light sleeper he was, he opened his eyes to find me, above him.

How awkward more can this get?!

After I rejected his love, I'm here seemingly trying to take advantage of him while he was asleep.

"Ehhhh! Kiba! This isn't what it looks like!" He smiled and pulled me into his arms. I'm not sure if he believes me... "I love you," He breathed into my ear. "and I won't give up." I awkwardly laughed and escaped from his arms, telling him I would go make breakfast. Little did I realize, I kept looking at the time, waiting for 8pm. Why? Was I really going? Am I actually looking forward to see him? Just imagining me running into his arms at the place we always see the sunset,sure brings back wonderful memories.

The day went smoothly, everything was normal again. None of us mention Sasuke or what happened last night.

SATURDAY 7:07PM

I was preparing to shower when Kiba asked, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going out to run some errands." Obviously lying to him. He nodded with a "Oh." Did he buy my lie? I don't think he did. I'm such an idiot. My mind decided to meet him. Was my mind as stupid as my heart? Why am I digging my own grave.. Again.

I checked my watch as I arrived at the destination on time. 8PM. Was I earlier than Sasuke? Was he going to be late? Maybe I wasn't so important to him after all.. This meeting was so important to me..

Nononono! No! What am i thinking?! It isnt important! He's just lucky I was free today..

"Hey." I looked behind to see Sasuke with his hands in his pockets.

"I'm glad you're giving me a second chance." He hugged me from behind.

Too bad the sun has already set.