Choices

Monday, 11.01AM

"Listen," Sasuke guided me and sat us both down on the stair way.

"I came to tell you I've decided to divorce with Sakura. And spend the rest of my life with you."

He looked me in the eyes, lovingly.

"Please don't. It will smear you and your company's image."

"For you. You've done so much for me. I would do anything for you."

He closed his eyes and kissed my lips.

"I'll always be here for you from now on." he hugged me, and rest his head of my shoulder.

"I just want you to be happy,"

He then kissed my forehead and whispered in my ear. "and I'm so sorry that I've hurt you a thousand times. I'll never do it again." he patted my head and ran his fingers through my hair.

"In no time, you'll be living with me. Happily."

"Oh.. Sasuke.. I don't know if it's a good idea. Kiba will be so heart broken to know I'm moving out." I shook my head. Stressed by these choices. I appreciated Kiba's help and company, I really do. But I love Sasuke so much. It's been so long since I lived with in, since we shared breakfast and bedtime movies.

"You're moving out?" Kiba was standing there, shaken by what he heard. "So what? You're just fucking leaving after he comes back?"

"Kiba, please. You have to understand. I'll come over often."

"Forget it. You only think of that bastard."

He threw my phone back at me.

"Fucker, don't be so rude." Sasuke stood up, patience running thin.

"I'm rude? Tch, I'm rude?"

He entered the apartment and locked the gate. "Fuck you. Both of you." and slammed the door.

Those words stabbed my heart.

I'm sorry Kiba. I never meant to hurt you. But I can't possibly pick my best friend over my lover..

I just love Sasuke so much it kills me.

And I'm glad to know it kills him too.

I'm glad to know he made sacrifices for this love.

I'm glad he's not ashamed of me.

I'm glad he loves me too.

"Kiba, I really hope you understand." I sat with my back leaning against the gate, hoping I speak loud enough so he could hear me through the door.

"I know what's it like to love someone who doesn't love you. To want someone who doesn't want you. To need someone who doesn't need you. To feel abandoned. I know. But I'll love you, as a friend. A dear friend. I want and need you. I'll never leave you behind. So please, open this door my dear friend."

Sasuke just stood at the side, looking remorseful with a lit cigarette in his mouth and hands in his pocket.

There was no reply. Just silence.

Tuesday, 4:54AM

I waited, and waited. The day passed by and the night flew by. I sat outside for his forgiveness. Hoping he could calm down and understand my situation. And Sasuke never left my side.

When I fell asleep on the cold floor, he wrapped me around his arms and covered me with his coat.

Tuesday, 7:39AM

The morning light came, and I woke up in Sasuke's arms. He actually stayed with me. I'm so happy.

His phone kept vibrating. But Sasuke was still fast asleep. Looks like he just fell asleep, those eye bags look horrible.

I slipped my hand into his pocket and grabbed the phone before switching it off. It was from his wife Sakura. There was hell to pay for turning off his phone. But for now, I'm enjoying this moment with him. And nothing else matters. Except Kiba.

I took my phone and texted Kiba.

"Are you awake?"

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm still outside.. I'm sorry."

"I'm really sorry."

I sighed when there was no reply. I think he's still mad at me.

He opened the door, I immediately jumped up, accidentally waking up Sasuke in the process.

"Kiba!" I was grinning from ear to ear.

"Thank god you-"

"Here's all your belongings." he unlocked the gate and rolled out a few luggages.

"Kiba.. No."

"What no? You're not moving out?"

"That's not it.."

I bit my lip as I tried to endure this treatment from Kiba.

Kiba please don't do this to me..

I felt a lump in my throat as I tried to swallow my misery.

"Kiba.. Come on don't do this to me."

"Dont-don't treat me like this." my heart ached.

Sasuke put his hand on my shoulder and tried to comfort me.

"Kiba, look. You're the one hurting him now." he frowned.

What choice should I make?

The choice that would make me happy?

Or the choice that would make him happy?