Chapter 18. First Day of Tour

Ashton's POV
We were once again, without our daughter.. And it was my fault. I didn't want to get out of bed, but the boys made me. We had to leave Shiloh here, in Sydney as we flew to Moscow to start the European leg of the tour. "Ash, look on the bright side. We found someone to watch Shiloh." Luke spoke from across the table. I growled in response and he went back to eating. "She was supposed to be with us in a week!" I yelled out, the boys jumping at my sudden tone. "Ash-." Calum began as I stormed out of the house. "Just pack my bags for me!" I screamed to Michael, who was standing in the doorway.

I drove to the Therapy place and sat in the parking lot. I stared at the sign, squinting for some kind of sign. I yelled eureka as I jumped out and ran over to it. I brushed my fingers across the sign and read it to the best of my ability. "Sydney Asylum est. 1938" I turned and ran inside the building, to the front desk. "Shiloh Irwin!" I screamed as the lady looked up at me. "Mr. Irwin! You shouldn't be here! Shiloh is perfectly fine under our care, she will see you again November. I know you start your tour today, so go. Have fun with your friends, Shiloh is fine." She urged as I groaned.

"Ashton! Come on!" I heard Calum yell from outside. I growled as I looked at the secretary one last time before exiting through the asylum doors. "Did you get to see her?" Luke asked, holding the tour bus door open for me. "No! They don't allow anyone beyond the big double doors!" I cried, hastily wiping at my eyes. "Ash, I'm sure she's alright. She's a strong girl.. What did the lady say exactly?" Michael said, coming to sit across from me. "She said we can see Shiloh in November... And that she's in safe hands." I whispered, wiping the last of my tears.

"We definitely can't tell the fans about this, I'm stressing enough.. And the lady also said to have a fun time on tour." I finished, all of them nodding. "I just wonder what they're doing to her.." I mumbled, watching as we got closer and closer to the airport.

Shiloh's POV
My eyes rolled to the side, watching them work in front of me. They whispered amongst themselves, as one looked back at me. "Hey sweetie, everything's gonna be alright." A lady assured as I felt her pat my shoulder. I was laying on a table, in a gown, and my head was open. I was awake, but numb. I was soon rolled out of that room into another. "Lay her in the bed, she needs sleep. Get her food as well, she's extremely thin." Someone spoke from near by, me trying to locate the voice.

I was shifted from the bed into another bed, and had the covers pulled up to my chin. "Rest now, Ms. Irwin.. Everything will be better in the morning." Someone whispered, them caressing my hair. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Sometime later...

I slowly blinked my eyes open to white walls. It was a plain room, with a bed, a television, a desk, and a laptop. The door had a slit on it, which I assumed was for food. (A/N: For those of you who have read Middle Ground by Katie Kavinsky, I'm basing Shiloh's experience off what Maddie went through.) I was drenched in sweat and my door was slowly pushed open. "Ms. Irwin, here is your breakfast." A nurse whispered as she placed a tray on the desk. "Make sure you eat it." The nurse scolded as I nodded my head, it felt like bricks.

I rolled out of the bed, onto the floor. I slowly crawled over to the desk, and shakily pulled myself up to sit in the desk chair. I looked at the grey mush and whined to myself. This is what I'm supposed to be eating? "Ms. Irwin, you have a counseling session later at noon." The nurse spoke from the other side of the door. "Okay." I weakly called out, picking up the plastic fork. They didn't give us metal, because they didn't want us hurting ourselves.

I forced myself to chew and swallow the disgusting thing and pushed the plate away. I turned on the computer, and logged into my Twitter. The boys were beginning their tour, they were currently on a plane right now. I sighed and shut down the computer, I slugged back over to my bed and laid in it. I was locked from the inside out, I had to be escorted to the counseling session which was one floor below me, I think. I turned on my television and flipped through the channels, landing on Nickelodeon.

I must have drifted off to sleep; I woke up to a nurse knocking on the door. "Shiloh, it's time for your counseling session. I got up and followed her down the hallway, toward the elevator. Whenever we saw other kids, we cowered back from each other in fear and stayed silent. I was lead to a different room than the usual. I was left alone, waiting for the doctor. She walked in, dressed as all the others; in a white lab coat. "Shiloh, how are you today?" She asked me as I shrugged in response.

"Well, let's see how your brain works." She attached patches to my forehead and told me to lie back. My brain appeared on the screen, the majority of it covered in blue. "Blue represents sadness, anger, guilt, all the bad emotions. Red represents the happy, proud, funny, all the good emotions. Your brain is 90% blue, 10% red. That... That's never happened before." The doctor explained, shock laced through her voice. "How do we get rid of it?" I asked as she looked between me and the screen. "Simple, really. We basically get rid of your emotions." She answered, as if it were nothing.

"Get rid of them? How do you get rid of emotions?" I questioned, quite scared of the answer. "Surgery." She replied as she flicked a needle. "What's that for?!" I asked as she walked over to me, smiling. "Just a small thing to help us prepare you." She assured as it was stuck into my neck. My eyes drooped closed as I drifted into a nightmare.

My eyes opened to a classroom, a history classroom. Logan, Willow, Nellie, Aaron.. All my friends were here. Jets flew overhead, causing me to look up. A beeping sound echoed through the walls and the whole building erupted, like a volcano. People, desks and debris flew everywhere and landed everywhere. Something landed on my leg, instantly breaking it and the smell of blood filled my nostrils. "Logan!" I screamed out, hoping to hear a reply. I tried to pull my leg free but it was no use, I screamed out the boys names.. Wishing they were here.

I woke up again, now back in my room. My gown was matted to my body with sweat, and a yellow stain was on the front of it; vomit. It was just a dream, I breathed out a sigh of relief. How many nightmares do I have to go through, just to get better?

I just hoped the boys were having fun on their first day of tour.