Chapter 43. Answering

Recap: "What are you getting?" I questioned as he peered over the menu. "The chicken with the chili.. What about you?" I blushed and avoided his eyes. "Do they have American food here?" I asked as he giggled.

"I love you so much." He confessed as his eyes widened and I just stared back in shock, and speechless for words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shiloh's POV
Ethan just said 'I love you.' The three famous words; the magical sentence that changes everything. We were still sitting at the table, staring at each other in silence. "Um... Uh.. I.." He trailed off as I giggled and waved him away. "It's okay, I love you too." I answered as he set down his menu and grinned. "Really?" Asked, not believing me. "Yes you idiot. I love you." I said again, mainly to confirm it for myself.

We later ordered and now my food was sitting in front of me. I was allowed to order American food, so I just ordered steak and potatoes. "How's your chicken?" I questioned as he swallowed. "Good. How's your- you haven't even touched it.. Shiloh.." He spoke sadly as I played with the fork. "Eat at least a little." He offered as I sighed and cut a tiny piece of it. I slowly chewed the piece of steak and swallowed it.

I continued silently eating, and more than half of the steak.

Ashton's POV
I was laying on the couch in our room backstage, before we had to go on. My phone vibrated with a text from Ethan.

Ethan: "Does anything happen to Shiloh after she eats food?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and sat up with my back against the edge of the chair. "Was that your phone that went off?" Michael asked as he walked into the room holding a cupcake. "Yea, it's Ethan.." I answered as Michael's eyes widened. "Well he knows she's anorexic right? He probably doesn't know about the bulimia... Tell him." Michael urged as I nodded. I quickly typed the message and sent it. "I hope they're okay. I'm sure while we're on stage they'll come see us." Michael added as I nodded again and stood to my feet.

"We better get ready."

Ethan's POV
I secretly read my text from Ashton as I glanced over at Shiloh. She was pushing around her leftover potatoes. "Do you want me to ask for the check?" She nodded and still avoided my eyes. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom..." She mumbled as she began to stand up. "Shiloh, don't. I texted Ashton and I asked... He told me.. Don't do this. By doing it, you're hurting not just yourself but you're hurting me also. Don't deprive your body of what it needs to survive." I choked out, eyeing her.

She looked around the restaurant before back at me. "Can we just leave please." She whispered, her eyes glossing over. I immediately stood up and grabbed my jacket. I walked over and slung it over her shoulders. I left an $100 bill on the table and guided Shiloh down the stairs, and outside. We began to walk back the way we came.

"The boys have a show tonight... Idk if the bus will be there." Shiloh explained as I simply nodded. A coyote howled as I looked up at the sky. The stars were shining brightly overhead and it was a cloudless sky. "I see headlights ahead." I commented, pointing a finger. The bus was still parked in the same spot we left it. We sped walked toward the door and I waved at the bodyguard standing outside of it.

Shiloh's POV
"Hi Kevin!" I greeted as the bodyguard huffed. He opened the door for us and we ran up the stairs. "The boys are at their concert, they'll be back in two hours or so." Ethan and I nodded and we walked to the couch and the tv. I flipped it on and scrolled through the channels. "Wanna watch a movie to pass the time? I won't be staying long either, as soon as the boys come back I have to meet my family at the hotel." Ethan told me as I still stared at the television.

I scrolled through the channels more before stopping on "Pretty Woman", my mood suddenly became happier. "I love this movie!!!" I screamed, causing Ethan to jump in his seat. "Sorry babe." I apologized, my eyes glued to the screen. It was the part where Julia was dressed as the stripper and walked into the fancy clothing store. "I've never seen this movie." Ethan admitted as I made an unidentified screech. "What?! It's one of my all time favorites!" I yelled, getting all hyped up.

A little while later, my eyelids grew heavy. I could barely keep them open. I fixated myself so my head was on Ethan's lap. He was running his hand through my hair when the tour bus door opened. "Hey-" there was a gun shot and silence. Ethan and I shared a worried glance. We heard footsteps as Ethan and I ran to the bathroom. We locked ourselves inside and shut the light off.

Ethan pushed me down to the floor and then sat beside me. "Be quiet..." He whispered as we heard footsteps right outside the door. I grabbed onto his hand tightly as I stared at the light coming through the crack of the door. The person tried the door handle and I watched it jiggle. "I'm going out there. I want you to stay here." Ethan whispered as he shuffled to his feet. "No! Don't leave!" I rushed as he shushed me again.

I squeezed my eyes shut as he unlocked the door and stepped out. He shut the door behind himself and left me again in the dark. I pulled out my phone and quickly texted Calum, the words barely making sense. I began crying when gun shots fired, and I counted six. Something slammed against the door as I pushed myself against the wall farther. I hugged my knees to my chest, and tried to slow my breathing.

Ethan could be dead, the bodyguard could be dead, I needed to leave this bathroom before I became dead. I shakily stood to my feet and unlocked the door. I pushed against the heavy force from the other side and stepped out after the weight was lifted. I looked down and dropped to my knees at the scene in front of me. Blood was splattered everywhere, all over the couch and the windows. The two people lying before were both unconscious, but I was unsure of how many gun shot wounds each person had.

There were three things I was certain on. I was now alone on the bus, I didn't know where the arena was and I didn't know who or what to call for help.