Chapter 21. Telling the Boys

Shiloh's POV
"Hey Drake..?" I inquired, sitting at the counter near the vending machine. "Yes?" He answered, continuing to stack boxes behind a door. "Should we let the boys in on the plan?" I blurted, his eyes widening. "Shh! The cameras can hear every word you're saying!" Drake whispered as he guided me back to my room. "Even though they unlocked the doors.. What they do to people here.. Kids don't come out of their rooms this often. The staff will realize the drug doesn't effect you and will try something stronger."

He followed me into my room, shutting the door behind him. I turned on my computer and logged back into Twitter, seeing that the boys were now heading to England and Ireland. "I'll have them follow you, and then you can DM them." I stated, opening up my own DM's. I clicked on the group, and typed quickly. Drake's phone vibrated immediately and had gotten a notification signaling that the boys had followed him. "Shiloh, you could have just put me in the group DM." Drake commented as I shrugged. "I want your convo to be private, I know they check our computers when we're at counseling sessions." I confirmed, him nodding.

Ashton's POV
"Hi, you don't know me. I work here at the asylum with Shiloh. My names Drake, I'm seventeen, I've been working here since I was fourteen and I'm her.. Caretaker, I guess you could say." I shivered at the word and began to grow angry. "Anyway, I have a plan to get Shiloh out of here. I don't know if she told you what we do here.. But we get rid of kids emotions. They leave here, never knowing how to love, how to cry, anything. I don't want Shiloh to be like the others.. I can see how much she misses you guys. I know you'd be heartbroken if she came out, like that. And besides, only four out of five people make it out alive. She has a better chance of dying in here, than escaping."

Drake explained to me, my mouth opened and closed repeatedly. "Ashton, what is it?" Luke questioned plopping down next to me. We had the day off today, and the sixth concert would be tomorrow night. The boys wanted to walk around London, and they urged me to get up off the couch. "Shh!" I yelled, waving them away with my hand. "I'm talking to Drake." I replied, as they responded with a "huh?". I briefly looked down, waiting for my reply. "Drake is a friend of Shiloh's at the asylum. He's telling me that we have to get her out of there.... The asylum.. They do surgery on kids. They take away their emotions forever. In November she'd be released and wouldn't even be excited to see us, she would never say 'I love you', she would never be mad, or cry. I can't live with myself if she's like that." I spoke, staring at my phone.

"So what's the plan?" Calum asked, taking a seat on the other side of me. I typed quickly, asking what we should do. I bounced my knee in anticipation. We all jumped at the sound of the ding. I stared down at my phone, and my mouth dropped open. "Ash, what's the plan?" Calum repeated as I showed him my phone. He took and read it aloud.

"So here's the plan: Shiloh is scheduled for the procedure in three months time. In August she'll get the procedure done and the final three months of her sentence will be spent doing more tests, to make sure the surgery worked. But, I plan to get her out of here before that day. There's a secret door in the basement of this place, the cameras in the ceiling shut off at midnight. I could sneak her down to meet the bodyguards that'll be stationed there. They can take her from there and drive her to the airport, get her on a plane and send her to meet you guys. This'll work, trust me. The staff will have no idea about it, they'll be too busy worrying about other patients scheduled for that day to really notice." Calum said, placing the phone on the table.

"Wow." Michael breathed out, us watching each other. "Do you think it's going to work? Are we going to get Shiloh back?" Calum asked, me suddenly grinning. "Like the captain said before we rescued Shiloh. That we had to have hope and faith." I stated, the three of them beginning to smile.

"Can we go walk around London now?" (I'm so excited! I'm going to London, Scotland and Ireland next summer!!) Michael questioned giddily, as we all stood up to leave. As I walked out last, I thought of Shiloh and the time that was going to pass from now (end of May, early June. Basically.. Say May in your head and then count to August, it's three months.) to August. She would make it out alive, I knew she wouldn't let them take her emotions. Emotions made people who they were, it made up 50% of their biology... You needed them in order to live. Clearly if the staff were getting rid of emotions, then they had to still be in possession of their own. So why take emotions away from kids? It didn't seem right.

Anonymous's POV
I was skimming through Shiloh's paperwork when my assistant walked in. "Should we move her date closer?" Mrs. Peabody asked, walking nearer to me. "I'm not sure, we should run a few more emotional tests. Her weight has significantly lowered down from 103 to 97 pounds, and she needs to gain weight in order to even have the procedure done." I stated, Mrs. Peabody nodding in silence. "Okay. I'll re-weigh her when I see her again for her next session. See if she's gained any weight by then. I've noticed that Drake has been going into her room a lot, especially with her. What should we do about him?"

I sighed, closed Shiloh's folder and looked up. "Well.. I don't want to get rid of him, not yet. It's clear that Shiloh needs him, in order to get better. Let's execute him the day of Shiloh's surgery. She won't miss him anyway, afterwords. All her emotions will no longer be available to anyone or herself, for that matter. She won't know the basic emotions and she won't even begin to recognize the ones she hasn't uncovered yet." I spoke aloud, proud of myself. "You should be proud, Professor. You've done great things and and you will better those great things in the future." Mrs. Peabody spoke, complimenting me.

"After all, Shiloh is a special case. I want to make her case... Personal."