Chapter 45. ...Mom?

Shiloh's POV
Ethan was being flown home today. He was awake now, but obviously had to go through rehab and everything. The five of us were also moving onto another part of South America, and we didn't trust leaving Ethan here in Mexico City. I sadly waved goodbye to him as Grayson helped him shift into the car. The tour bus was waiting to take us to the airport so we could fly to Brazil. "Hey!" Grayson called before I boarded the bus. I turned to face him and almost broke down again, as I glanced over at Ethan.

"He doesn't blame you, ya know. He blames the shooter. And trust me, he will get better. He'll learn to accept his new disability." Grayson spoke, his hand on my shoulder. "It should have been me.. He has so much to live for. He has the tour that you guys are doing, you now have to postpone that until God knows when..." I trailed as I angrily wiped at my eyes. "You can't talk like that. The boys would be heartbroken if they heard what you just said. You're their daughter, they love you." He commented as I suddenly engulfed him in a hug.

"But Ethan has a family also.." I sobbed as Grayson rubbed my back. "He will be perfectly fine, just you wait." Grayson assured as he wiped away the rest of my tears. "Now go, have fun in Brazil!" He cheered as he quickly gave me a kiss on the cheek and pushed me away. He jumped into their waiting car and was driven off to the airport. I walked past the boys toward my bunk.

I just wanted to be left alone.

I laid under the covers, on my back, staring at the ceiling. "Hey Shiloh.. Could we come in?" It was Calum, and what I assumed were the others. "Sure.." I answered as the curtain was pushed over and all four of them walked over to me. "How are you holding up?" Luke asked, his blue eyes gazing into mine with concern. "Alright, I guess. I just want to go home back to Australia..." I murmured as they all looked at me sadly,

"You don't want to be on tour with us anymore?" Ashton asked softly, hurt filling his voice. "I didn't mean it like that... I just... I don't know." I finished sadly, avoiding their eyes. "Well, it's a short ride to the airport. Then you can rest on there." Michael added, changing the subject. I nodded and just closed my eyes, wanting them to leave me. I heard their footsteps disappear from in front of me and I sighed.

I turned to my other side, so I was facing the wall, my back to the rest of the bunks. I pulled the covers over my head and let myself cry out my emotions. The pain, the regret, the feeling of being lonely.

Ashton's POV
"Is she going to be okay?" Luke asked from the floor. "I'm not 100% sure to be honest. You can clearly see that she blames what happened to Ethan on herself." I answered, watching the curtain leading to the bunks. "But it wasn't her fault. She has to understand that. There's people in Mexico that will do anything to get what they want. The person probably saw the bus and thought they could steal something from it. They only had a gun out of protection." Michael pointed, the three of us just staring at him.

"Michael, you sound like you're agreeing with the shooter. That it was okay for him to shoot Ethan." Calum shot, as Michaels eyes widened. "You think I agree with all this?! Hell no!" He screamed as he got up off the couch. He stormed off to another part of the bus as I just groaned. "Today is just not in our favor."

**

Shiloh's POV
I was shaken awake by Luke's shoe. And by shaken, I mean I had the shoe thrown at me. "I'm up!" I yelled, sitting up straight and banging my head on the ceiling. I forgot how low these bunks were. "Wake up sunshine! We're in Brazil!" My eyes widened as I jumped out of the bed and ran to the nearest window. "I thought we were going to the airport???" I questioned as Calum grinned. "Well you were passed out, and we didn't want to wake you. We had Gary carry you through the airport and onto the plane. The plane ride itself was like 2 hours. We didn't want to take the bus because of rivers and things like that." He explained as I nodded.

I showered after shooing the boys away from the bathroom. I changed into shorts and I reluctantly agreed with Ashton that I'd wear a sweater that would come off my shoulders. I met the four of them outside and they all grinned. "We're going shopping around here for our girlfriends." Ashton said, nodding toward Calum and then walked off. "I'm going food hunting." Michael stated and then disappeared. "Guess that leaves me and you, kiddo!" Luke cheered as he draped an arm across my shoulders.

Compared to him, I was like up to his stomach. We walked around the market, stopping at almost every vendor. I, against my will was forced to let him buy whatever he thought would look nice on me. I ended up with a ton of new bracelets, and an anklet.

Calum's POV
"Have you heard from her at all?" I asked Ash as we roamed the streets of Brazil. "She called me again when we went backstage during our show in Mexico City. She's just not giving up. When she called, she had Spanish music behind her. I don't know, she could be anywhere in the world." He answered as I nodded. "Why don't we actually go pick out gifts for our girls?" I offered as Ashton smiled and nodded. "Yea that'd be a great idea." I grinned when I saw a jewelry shop and dragged Ash behind me.

Shiloh's POV
My hands were growing tired from all the bags I was carrying. Yes they were tiny, but all of them combined made them heavy. "Can we get something to eat?" Luke looked taken aback and I was even in shock. "Did that just come out of my mouth..." I whispered as he grinned and nodded happily. "Yes, and yes we can get something." His eyes scanned the area and he squealed when he discovered a tiny restaurant towards the end of all the little shops.

(FYI They're in Rio!!)

When we walked inside, he was sorta bombarded with people asking for pictures and autographs. He luckily got to the counter and ordered for us. I mean, this place wasn't really a restaurant. From the outside, it looked like one.. On the inside, it just looked like a Taco Bell if I'm honest. As I kept glancing over at Luke, a lady behind the counter kept staring at me. She was dressed in a work uniform, but she looked kind of familiar. She walked out from behind the counters and began sweeping the floor.

"Veronica!" A voice called as the lady sweeping whipped around. Her hair was brown, and her eyes were green. No... It can't be, can it? Veronica kept glancing over at me as I stayed at the table. Luke started walking over to me, our food in his hands. Veronica began to gesture me over to her. I was curious because... Well, she looked like my mother. The same mother that my father claimed had been taken to a mental institute. "Shiloh, where are you going?" I heard Luke call as I ignored him.

I heard the bell from the door jingle and I quickly looked to see it was the other boys. Ashton looked around the place for me before his eyes actually found me. I was now standing in front of the lady named Veronica. She stared down at me, looking me up and down. "Shiloh! Get away from her!" I heard Ashton yell as I reached up and took off her hat. I gasped and stumbled backward as the boys ran over. "M-mom.. What... What are you doing in Brazil?" I questioned, that same smirk appearing in her lips.

"Well, after Amethyst died and we dropped you off at the orphanage, you father and I split ways. I moved back here, to my roots. Have you seen your father, how is he?" She asked as Michael scoffed from behind me. "He's in jail. He kidnapped Shiloh and almost killed her!" He exclaimed as my mother smiled; ACTUALLY smiled. "Oh.. Yea, I almost forgot about his promise to me. Anyway.. Hey Ashton, I've noticed you haven't been answering me back." She spoke as I spun to see Ashton's face pale.

"You've been in contact with her?!" I seethed, my tiny hands balling into fists. "Oh.. You poor thing, did he not tell you? I want to regain custody of you. I want to bring you home, to me. The true life that you lived until your father forced me to move with him to Australia. You need to rediscover your roots." She explained as my jaw dropped.

I guess my wish of leaving the tour had come true. Just not in the way I had planned. I knew the boys wouldn't be able to give me a stable living environment, not with always touring. To the judge, that's not going to look right. My mom on the other hand, having a job, a place to stay.. Now that, that will appear suitable to the judge. I know in my heart, that the boys were going to lose this battle. And they did too.

I could see it on their faces.