Chapter 47. Dreaming of You

Ashton's POV
I was still in shock. We lost custody of Shiloh, all because we're a band. She screamed and cried for us as her so-called uncle held her back and we were escorted out of the building. We looked to the floor as now there were Spanish and Portuguese paps in front us. They were yelling in their native languages and in English. "Are you going to adopt another girl now that Shiloh isn't yours anymore?" A pap questioned as I looked up, my body filling with anger.

Luke had beat me to it. He had his arm already in the air and everything happens in slow motion. Luke had just punched the paparazzi in the face, knocking the camera to the ground and hearing it shatter. "Hey! You're gonna have to pay for that!" Another pap screamed as Calum held up a finger. I smirked as we all turned, our backs to the paparazzi. Some of the fans that were there, could see the sadness in us and gave us apologetic smiles. I didn't have the heart to smile back.

"Ashton, let's leave. We can go home now, figure out what to do next." Michael offered as I sighed and covered my face. We all walked back to the tour bus, and sat in silence on the way to the airport. It was heartbreaking to have the feeling of constantly checking for Shiloh, when we no longer had to. "Managements calling." Luke spoke, as we all turned to him. He placed the phone on speaker and we all sat silently, waiting. "Hi boys." It was our manager, the one that runs everything that we do. "Hi.." Calum mumbled, leaning against the back of the couch.

"I heard what happened. Maybe this was a sign, a sign that you shouldn't have adopted a kid. I told you in the beginning that it was a bad idea from the start. Just, come home. We can go from there when you guys get here." And with that, they hung up. I groaned and repeatedly punched the couch space beside me. I just broke down into tears, I couldn't take the pain anymore. The boys knew I was the most emotional out of all of them. It's why they barely cried, they held it in like a real man.

"We're at the airport, boys." Travis (their bus driver) stated as I looked up and sniffled. "I can't let the fans see me like this, hold on." I spoke as I rushed to the back of the bus. I threw on a sweatshirt and put up the hood. "I'm ready." I said as I walked back to the boys and then out the door of the bus. "Bye Travis, nice knowing you." Calum called as Travis waved goodbye.

The four of us looked at each other before walking inside the airport. The paparazzi and the fans were still surrounding us, everywhere we went. "Is it true you lost custody of Shiloh? Must be true, I see she's not with you guys." A pap commented as I kept my eyes cast downward. "We're almost to the gate, Ash." Luke whispered as he kept a tight grasp on my hand. The bodyguards around us weren't much help, they really didn't protect us like the ones back home did.

We soon boarded the plane to Miami, Florida. After we arrived in Miami, we then would take the next plane to Sydney. The whole plane ride to Florida consisted of me crying my eyes, with the boys rubbing their hands across my back. I could see it in their faces, they're all holding back a sob.

After we landed in sunny Florida, we stayed in the airport. We didn't dare venture outside to see the American swarm of fans and even more paparazzi. There were enough fans within the doors of the airport anyway. "Welcome back from South America, where's Shiloh?" One of the bodyguards-Ryan- asked. My eyes widened and my body froze as Michael draped an arm over my shoulders. "It's complicated." Michael answered as he pulled me away from Ryan. We sat in the seats until the plane was ready to be boarded.

"I can't stand this. I'll never know how Shiloh's well-being is. And I'm sure her mother knows of her eating disorders by now, you know they won't do anything to help her like we would. I just want her back." I cried, grabbing at my hair. "Ash, we all want her back. But the law is the law. There's nothing we could do to change that." Calum confessed as I looked over at him. "Flight 299 to Sydney Australia, now boarding." The announcer said into the intercom as I instantly stood up.