Chapter 7:

Keem...

       Hours after chilling with Brooke, I pulled up to the trap. Somewhere I haven't been in a while because I've been off in college making moves but I've also been making moves in the hood also. Before getting out of the truck, I pulled Brooke's face to mines so I could taste her soft lips.

"Stay close to me don't get to far out of sight." I said.

"Okay." She said.

       I stepped out of the truck and walked over to Brooke's side to open the door. I held her by the waist as we walked up the pavement to the trap. I did the knock and Taydo let us in. We headed straight towards the conference room. Why? There's moves to be made. Kaydo, he patted both me and Brooke down before we entered. I found my seat and Brooke sat down on my lap. I hope boss don't cause no issues because if my girl don't feel safe at home alone, I'm not going to leave her home alone. We a team now. We sat discussing a few moves for about thirty minutes. Boss man released everyone but told me and Brooke to stay.

"You do know she's your responsibility." He said.

"Yeah. She doesn't even get down like that." I said.

"I trust you on this but if anything comes up missing while she's here just know..." He said but I had to quickly interrupt him.

"She doesn't steal. Trust. I grew up with her." I said sternly.

"What's your name?" He asked causing Brooke to tense up a little.

"Brooke." She said.

"Not your nickname. Your government name." He said sternly.

        I gave Brooke the nod letting her know that it was okay to share her name with him.

"Brookyln." She said nervously.

"I don't bite but you have a beautiful name. You his girlfriend?" He asked.

"I'm his fiancee." She said proudly causing Boss to look at me with a surprised look across his face.

"Fiancee? Keem what was the deal? You're still moving weight for me and you're NFL bound." He said.

"She's not going to be an issue. Listen, I just want to settle down. She's the only female that really know what I do and the only one that's been riding with the kid since before JDC days." I said.

         Boss stood and walked over to us. Brooke stood and I remained sitting down. He grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"Welcome to the family Brookyln." He said while eyeing me. "Take care of him because he's going to need it." He said.

"Yes sir." She said while looking at me.

          Boss man slid a duffel over to me. I grabbed Brooke hand and threw the duffel over my shoulder as we made our way out the trap. When we got to the truck, I threw the bag into the back and opened the door for Brooke. Before closing the door, she kissed my cheek and I walked over to my side. Once I got in there was an awkward silence causing me to just start the car and hold babygirl hand as we made our way down the road. Maybe thirty minutes or so later, we pulled up to her house and I helped her out. I walked her up to the door and she looked at me crazy.

"You're not staying?" She asked.

"Nah. I gotta handle some business. Just lock the doors and stay away from the windows. If you need anything just call me." I said.

"Promise me you're going to be careful. I don't want you handling business alone." She said while looking me in the eyes.

"I'm going to be good ma'. I'm not going to be on the block alone." I said while holding her by the waist.