Chapter 10:

Brooke...

         So I have no idea on how to tell Keem that my menstrual cycle is late. He's probably going to get very upset with me. I don't think he's ready for a child and I know I'm not ready for a child. I'm only twenty-two. I have no family to turn to for advice except for Babii , but she's more of a best friend. Something like a sister. I'm currently walking back and forth in the living thinking about how I'm going to tell him. Moments later in walks Keem with Louis following after him.

"Ma' I'ma get the game out of the room. Can you give Louis a water?" He asks.

"B-baby we need to talk." I say while playing with my hands.

"I know, I should've told you he was coming over." He said while rubbing his head.

"It's not about Louis." I say while keeping my head hung down low.

"What's up love?" He asks while reaching for my hands.

"I'm going to head out. I'll see you later." Louis said while dapping up Keem.

         Louis left out of the house and Keem wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What's up?" He asks.

"I'm late." I say right before flinching out of fear.

"What do you mean you're late?" He asks while rubbing his head.

"My monthly is late." I say while backing away from him.

        Keem ran upstairs and I followed after him. Why? Because I have no clue what he's about to do. He goes straight to the dresser and pulls out the box of condoms we were supposed to be using. He counts how many condoms are in the box and all six were still in the box. I sat on the bed and he sat down next to me.

"I'm not trying to have a baby. Not right now at least." He says while hanging his head low.

"Then I'll raise our child alone. I don't believe in abortions." I say while shaking my head in disbelief.

"Whoa, ma' I wasn't going to ask you to get a abortion. We have to go get a pregnancy test together so I can make sure you're serious." He says while standing.

"Are you sure you're ready for the results?" I asks.

"Yes. I didn't propose to you for nothing." He says. " I actually love you."

I hugged Keem as a tear fell down my cheek.

"If you're pregnant, we can not tell anyone." He says sternly.

"Yes sir. Babe do you think I'm going to be a good mother?" I ask with my head in his chest.

"You'll be a great mother." He says while smiling.

"I just don't want to end up like my mother." I say with a frown on my face.

"Speaking of your mother, Why didn't you tell me that she kicked you out a while back?" He ask pulling away from me.

"Truth be told if it weren't for her, I'd be on a better road." I say while heading to the restroom to grab some tissue to wipe my face.

"Why do you say that?" He asks.

"Everyone sees' my mom as helping the ones that needed help but she wasn't helping the one person that needed it the most. She was never home and dad just forgot that I was his daughter and told me that I needed to fill my mother's shoes. So he sexually abused me for three years. I saved up enough money to get the hell out of that house." I said as tears rolled down my face.

"I'm sorry for bringing up your mom baby girl. I promise as long as I'm alive you will not have to go through that again." He says while holding me. "Lets go get this test so we can move accordingly."

       I kissed Keem and his lips just made me feel safe, loved, and wanted. Next thing I knew I was putting on my sandals and heading to the nearest CVS with Keem. When we arrived to CVS, I went straight to the feminine section and found a pregnancy test. Keem stayed by the register. After I grabbed the pregnancy test, I made my way to the candy aisle. Why? I want some chocolate. The employee then got on the intercom and announced the store would be closing in the next ten minutes. After grabbing the candy, I made my way to the register and Keem laughed at me. The woman at the register told us the total and Keem paid. I'll say about ten minutes later we got back to the house and I took off running to the guest bathroom downstairs by the staircase. I locked the door so Keem wouldn't be allowed in. After peeing on the test I sat by the bathroom door waiting for the results. About six minutes later, I grabbed the test from the bathroom counter and the results were in. I WAS PREGNANT. Here I was:Jobless, no college education, and my fiance was a hoodlum but also in the NFL. I opened the door and Keem turned around with a worried look on his face.

"What does the test say?" He asks.

"I'm pregnant." I said while crying.

        Keem grabbed me and here we were crying together. He then pulled away from me before getting down on his knees. He began talking to our child. I smiled because I have never seen Keem smile so hard before.