Chapter 15:

Tunk...
               Truth be told if I could name this chapter I'd name it: PROMISES. But, at the rate things are looking right now, Jane hmm. It's been five months since we moved out of state, We moved to Mississippi. Neither of us knew anyone out here so this was our key to a fresh start. I just picked up my stepson Tunk from daycare.

"Did you eat yet little man?" I asked.

"No." He said.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked.

"Uhm-m-m ribs." He said.

"You think mommy wants some?" I asked.

"Mommy loves mac and cheese and ribs." He says while smiling.

"I guess that means we have to get mommy food too." I said.

          I helped Tunk into his booster seat before heading towards the rib shack. When we arrived, me and little man walked up to the window and put our orders in. As we waited for the food to be ready, I decided to play cards for some money. My son was playing with the other kids while I played a few card games. About twenty minutes later, the food was finished and I paid. Time to get home and time to pick Janae up from work. When we arrived to Jane's job, I got out of the car to open her door for her. She smiled and I kissed her forehead before she entered the car. I walked back over to my side of the car and began driving us home. Can y'all believe Janae has been the only female that I've been with since I've left Richemind. When we arrived to the house, I grabbed the food out of the car and helped Tunk out of the car. Next thing, I knew was Janae was in the bushes throwing up. I went over to her to check on her but she just asked for the keys. I gave her the keys and she took off towards the car before leaving. I grabbed the spare keys from under the flower pot. Once the door opened, little man took off running towards the kitchen to wash his hands before going into the fridge to get a caprisun. After we ate, we showered, and got into our beds. Maybe twenty minutes he fell asleep, Janae walked into the house. I tried to hold her but instead she put a damn pregnancy test in my hand.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"Read it." She said.

"You're pregnant?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said while smiling.

           I punched the wall before turning back around to face Janae.

"Are we keeping it?" I asked.

"I don't know." She said.

"We're keeping it Janae." I said.

"I don't think I'm ready for another kid Tunk." She said.

"You don't have to be. You're not in this alone." I said.

"My son father said that but as you can see he's not in his life." She said.

"Okay but I'm not that nigga." I said.

        Janae sat on the couch and began crying. I held her as she moved onto my lap and began crying into my chest.

"Don't have me raising this baby on my own." She said.

"I ain't. Together or not, that's my child and I'm going to do right by my seed." I said.

           I carried Janae to the bedroom and sat her down on the bed for er to get some sleep. The moment she fell asleep, I headed out the back door and locked it. Why? I just need some time to myself. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called SJ.The phone rang four times before he answered.

"Yo...I know me and you ain't close but you my boy.yeah, no I'm out in Mississippi...so far so quiet but I got my girl pregnant...Janae from next door...yeah. I don't know what to do....Me and Babii not on the best of terms...I mean you can if you want to but I'm sure Louis don't want no guy talking to her about me...alright thanks fam." I said before hanging up.

            As of right now, I'm outside in the backyard letting my brain breathe. Is my life really starting to make sense. Is this a sign from God? Is this pregnancy a good thing? Am I financially ready for a child? Will I be a good father? A million questions crossed my mind.