Chapter 11:

Louis...

           So for the first time since me and Bbaii been talking, I finally decided to invite her over to my place. I honestly never allow women outside of my family to my house. If I fucked a female, it's always been at their place. But, Babii isn't a temporary female that's why I'm inviting her over. I plan on proposing to her with a promise ring. See a young nigga don't have enough balls to propose to a woman right off the back like my boy Keem do. Setting up a dinner at my house wasn't easy because I had to call my mother for help. My mother agreed to cook because I told her that Babii wasn't a hoodrat. Mom believed me and agreed to cook for us. I love my mother so much and I will not bring just any female around her. Why? My mom will tell a female that she doesn't like them whether I'm around or not. Is my mother staying for dinner? No. She's currently setting everything up while I rushed upstairs to clean up. Tonight, I will be changing up the attire because she's not a regular female. I headed downstairs and mom was finishing up in the kitchen as the photographer was walking into the house. I kissed moms before she headed out and the photographer headed to the guest room to set up his camera and everything. I told him the signal word and he agreed, About ten minutes later, the doorbell rang and I headed to the door to see a gorgeous Babii.

Babii...

         As I walked into Louis house and I saw a trail of rose petals and soft music playing in the background. Louis trailed after me as I followed the rose petals all the way to the kitchen.

"This is beautiful." I said while smiling.

"It's all for you." He said.

         Louis held his hand out for mines and I grabbed his. He pulled the seat out for me and I sat down. He is such a gentleman. The music died down and we began to eat. The food is so good and it's full of so much flavor.

"I know you didn't cook this." I said while smiling.

"Mom helped out." He said after swallowing his food.

"That's so sweet of her. What's the occasion?" I asked.

"Can you stand and spin for me?" He asked.

"Of course." I said.

         I stood and spinned one good time for him.

"You know I like the color black right? He asked.

"Nope, but now I do." I said while smiling.

          I turned around to fix my top because I didn't want Louis to see cleavage. The minute I turned back around to face him he was down on one knee and a photographer was standing angled away from us.

"Here goes nothing. I know that in order for me to know your real name you have to trust me. I want you to know that I trust you though." He says as he pulls out a little purple velvet box. "Babii I love you. You're not like all the other girls in the hood. You set your standards high and you don't let anyone use you. You give me a reason to come home. You make a nigga smile when I'm supposed to be coldhearted. Yes, I have a soft spot for you. You are the one girl I want in my life for as long as I'm alive. You are the only girl I want to bless with my children. You are the only girl that I want to say yes we've been together for ten plus years and more to come." He says while opening the box and grabbing my hand. "Babii will you promise to be mines until we're ready for marriage?"

I wiped my tears carefully because I don't want to ruin my makeup.

"Yes. I promise to be yours." I said while smiling ear to ear.

          He slipped the ring on my finger before standing. Our lips collided and the photographer clapped after he shot his photos.

"Also babe, my name is Ashanti Babii Miller." I said while smiling.

"Wait. You just said your name." He said.

"Yes I did." I said while laughing.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman." He said.

"Oh hush. But since we're opening up to one another right now. Why do you do what you do?" I asked.

"Well... I wasn't always in the streets. See I actually had a dream of getting out of here but it didn't happen. When your uncle is the biggest drug lord in Richemond and most of your family is made up of men, you do what you were born to do. Provide for your family and protect them." He said while holding eye contact with me.

"Do you know your father?" I asked.

"Nah but it doesn't really phase me. I was told he left because he had another family. Apparently he was a white man and mama was working in his office. So when she found out she was pregnant, she told him and he paid her off to leave and keep me a secret. As I got older she tried to reach out to him but he said that he would put her away for life she continued trying to contact him." He said this time with his head hanging low.

"Babe I'm sorry..." I said but Louis interrupted me.

"It's cool because mama still raised me right. But, how come I never hear about your people?" He asked.

"Well my mom is one of those moms that kicks you out after graduation. I mean if you're eighteen she finds you grown. She's never been home to take care of my younger sister, so I was always stopping by to make sure that she was okay. I want to get custody of my younger sister but everytime I bring up the subject, my moms kicks me out of her house. My father? He was never in my life. Uhm soon as he found out my mom was pregnant with me he left. So if I were to see him on the streets right now, I wouldn't even recognize him." I said with tears sliding down my cheeks.

"Damn, I guess we both got daddy problems." He said while chuckling.

"Yeah but it ain't never stop me and it's not going to stop me." I said smiling and wiping my face carefully once again.

"It shouldn't. You're a beautiful and intelligent woman." He said.

"I can't believe you proposed to me with a promise ring." I said smiling.

"What can I say? I am that one street nigga that actually fell for a good one. Oh yeah, mama said that she wanted us in church this Sunday." He said.

"You go to church?" I asked shocked as hell.

"Aye a thug can go to church. Mama raised a hustler but she also raised a church boy." He said while laughing.

"I'll be there. Thank you so much for tonight." I said smiling hard as hell.

"Anything for my future wifey." He said.

             Louis grabbed my hand and the photographer went to grab his things before letting himself out of the house. Louis then led me upstairs to his room. I'm pretty sure you know what happened from there.