Big News (Captain Cold)

Requested:

......

   I moved around my small apartment, trying to not run into anything. That wasn't easy when you were 9 months pregnant and the size of a beach ball. 5 months ago my brother Mick Rory and my secret boyfriend Leonard Snart were caught and sent to Iron Heights Prison. I didn't have the heart to tell Len I was pregnant with his child and I most definitely couldn't tell Mick. I was worried how this would effect their friendship, or partnership actually. I would've visited them at Iron Heights Prison but both had told me not to worry and they would be home soon. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach as the baby kicked me. "Really?" I asked, looking down at my stomach. There was another kick. "Trust me, I want you out more then you think." I told the baby. It was a girl. I planned to name her Lily or something. I wanted to stick with the L's like the Snart's. Lisa, Len's sister thought it was a great idea. She suggested the name Layla, which I loved. I had told her when the boys were sent to prison and she helped me out a lot. There was a hard knock on the door. Lisa must be early. She went out to the store for me every week. I went over and swung the door wide open, expecting to see Lisa standing there with some groceries. Instead I saw my wide eyed brother and Len. Both were staring at my stomach. "I can explain." I told them both quickly. Mick glared at me and came into the apartment. Len followed, giving me a nervous look. "You're pregnant." Mick pointed out. I nodded, placing my hand on my stomach. "Mick, please don't be angry but... It's Len's." I said. "What?" They both said. I turned to Len. "It's yours. She's yours." I told him. He smiled a bit. I saw Len tense up as Mick looked at him. I saw Mick's eye twitch slightly. "You slept with my sister?" Mick asked quietly, trying to stay calm. "Look Mick, I didn't know she was pregnant. It's as much of a shock to me as well." Len said, putting his hands up. "But you slept with my sister!" Mick shouted. "Yes I got that part." Len said, a bit of sarcasm in his voice. "I swear I was going to tell you both. But then you got sent to Iron Heights and I didn't want you to worry..." I rambled. "How long has this been going on?" Mick asked angrily. "Awhile." I admitted. Len kept his hand on his cold gun. We were both worried about Mick's reaction. He finally uncrossed his arms, clenching and unclenching his hands. Then he punched Len. "Mick!" I shouted, reaching for Len who was holding his jaw. "Seriously?" Len said. He punched Mick back. "Stop it! Now!" I ordered both of them. They were glaring at each other. "How about we take this outside?" Len suggested. Mick grunted. "You just don't want my sister to see you getting your ass kicked." Mick said, pointing at Len. I suddenly cried out and felt water running down my legs. I grabbed the wall for support while my other hand grabbed my stomach. Mick and Len looked away from each other and to me. "The baby is coming." I said, my eyes wide with fear. Those were the words they needed to hear because suddenly they were both rushing around. Mick grabbed my bag and coat while Len wrapped an arm around me. "I'll drive." Mick said, rushing out the door. "Maybe we should just call an ambulance." Len suggested. "I'm driving!" Mick shouted back. I rolled my eyes and let Len lead me from the apartment and outside.

I screamed in pain while holding Len's hand so tight that I thought it would break. "You did it!" The nurse assured me. I could hear the cries from my baby as the doctor and nurses cleaned her up. I loosened my grip on Len's hand finally. He leaned in closer to me as our daughter was brought to me. The doctor placed her in my arms. She was so tiny and pink. Her little eyes were blue like Len's. "Do you have a name for her?" The doctor asked me. "Layla. Layla Snart." I told him, not looking away from her little face."Layla?" Len asked, smiling at me. "Lisa suggested it. I liked it." I told him. He pressed his lips to mine and then kissed the top of Layla's head. I placed her carefully in Len's hands. "Can you get my brother?" I asked the nurse. She nodded and left the room. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." I told Len, watching as he ran a finger over her little pink cheeks. She opened her mouth and yawned which made Len smile even more. The door opened and in came Mick. He walked slowly as if he thought he would scare the baby away. His expression softened when he saw the baby in Len's arms. "My god sis, she's amazing." Mick told me, sitting on the end of my bed and watching the baby move her little arms around. "What's her name?" He asked. "Layla." I told him. Len passed her to Mick who looked uncertain. "Just hold her head and be gentle." Len told him. She looked even smaller with Mick. Len flashed a big smile at me. The door opened again and Lisa came in. Len got up and hugged her. Her eyes looked around and finally spotted the baby in Mick's arms. "Oh I'm so happy for you guys." She told Len. Lisa leaned over Mick and looked down at the baby. Her eyes looked a bit watery. "She's adorable Y/N. What's her name?" She asked me. "Layla Snart." I told her. Lisa looked up at me and moved to me, wrapped her arms around me. "It's perfect. She's perfect." She told me. I smiled back at her. "So she's a Snart?" Mick asked. I nodded to Mick. He smiled at the baby again. "Good luck little one." He told her. Mick got up and placed her back in my arms. I kissed her little cheek and watched as she closed her eyes sleepily. "Come on Uncle Mick, let's let her rest." Lisa suggested. Mick kissed the top of my head and followed Lisa out. Len stood to the side looking at me. "Can I ask you something?" He asked. I nodded. "Of course." I told him. Len smirked and got on one knee. My eyes widened some. "Will you marry me?" He asked.  "I don't have a ring yet, but I'll get one." He assured me, making me laugh. "Yes, yes of course." I said. Len smiled and got up, kissing me again. This was going to be the best.

1 year later:

  I walked through Len and I's house, going into the kitchen. Mick walked in and placed Layla in her high chair. Lisa was already sitting down and Mick took the seat next to her. Len came forward with a small blue cake. "Did you make that?" Lisa asked. "Of course not. I bought it." Len said, sitting it down. Layla squealed happily, making us all smile. There were plenty of gifts waiting to be opened. There was even one from Team Flash. Len cut a piece of cake and sighed. "She's going to get it everywhere." Len said before placing the cake in front of Layla. She looked at it and then at me. Then at Len. "Da-da?" She asked. Len smiled widely and got a fork, taking a piece and holding it up to her. She opened her mouth and took a bite. After a minute she decided it was good and stuck her hands in it, getting it herself. Mick watched her as we grabbed some of the presents. I picked up the one from Team Flash. "To: Baby Snart. From: Barry, Cisco, Harrison and Caitlin. But mostly Cisco." I read off the tag. I smirked and tore it open. I opened the box inside and had to cover my mouth to stop from squealing with happiness. "What?" Everyone asked. I held up the miniature version of Len's parka for everyone to see. "No way!" Mick said. Len starting laughing, hard. "Captain Cold and Baby Cold." I joked. "Ma-ma!" Layla said, reaching her hands out for me. She had eaten her cake and now her hands and mouth were blue. I put the parka down and Mick helped me clean her up. Once the blue was off I put the parka on her. Len was thrilled and picked her up, walking around with her and wearing his parka too. This was one of the best days ever.