Zombies (Mick Rory)

For the first time in awhile I decided not to go out exploring. We were in the Civil War era, not one of my favorites but whatever. A time pirate sent out a distress call and then crashed so we decided to see what happened. Since Ray lost his Atom suit he had to stay behind. I just didn't want to go out really, I was tired so I stayed to help Ray. Honestly, he's brilliant but he's an idiot. It didn't take long till the others were all rushing back onto the Waverider. "What happened out there?" I asked, as Mick casually put an arm around me. "Another win for the team!" Ray said happily. "Did you not see what happened out there?" Jax asked him as the others ignored him. "No, he went to the bathroom." I explained. "We were attacked by zombies." Mick said, grinning as Martin whimpered in fear. "Is everyone okay?" I asked. Sara nodded. "The time pirates distress call referenced something called a, TX 90. It's a futuristic bioweapon. The infecteds condition represents strongly those... things... that.... I can't say it." Martin explained, looking horrified the whole time. "If that time pirate is out spreading this virus then our work is not done here." Sara explained, looking tired. "No kidding. Having zombies or whatever they are running around the Civil War is not a good thing." Nate added. Nate had been real helpful around here since jointing and becoming, Citizen Steel. Mick slumped forward. I thought he was just playing around until he continued forward and fell face first onto the ground. "Mickey!" I shouted. I moved to his side. "Get him to the medbay!" Sara ordered. Ray and Nate moved quickly to help him off the floor. I followed them with Martin to the medbay. "Is he bit?" I asked. Nate left us so he could go back out to find the other zombies. I paced the room, not getting an answer to my question. I heard a groan. "What's going on?" Mick asked. Ray had strapped him to the chair. "Uh, apparently you were wounded during our encounter with... infected." Martin explained. "Zombies." I said, coming up behind him and making him jump. "That's impossible." Mick growled. "Mick, babe are you sure?" I asked. Ray started to check. "Those creepy bastards didn't lay a finger on me." Mick assured us. Ray pulled Micks shirt to the side some. "But, they might have gotten in a tooth... or 30." Ray said. I pushed Martin out of the way and looked over Rays shoulder. On Micks shoulder there was a bite. Mick grabbed Rays arm. "Oh my god, he's already starting to turn." Martin panicked. I shushed Martin and grabbed Rays other arm. "Ray, you gotta fix me. I don't wanna be turned into a freaking zombie." Mick said. Ray nodded, looking worried. Mick released him. "He's fine. Your fine, right?" I asked Mick, trying to calm down Martin. "I'm good for now." Mick assured me. Ray was already mixing stuff together. "Martin, help me with this." Ray said. I moved to sit by Mick, holding onto his hand. "Don't sit to close. If I do turn into a zombie I don't wanna hurt you." Mick said. I smiled. "You'll be fine." I assured him, glancing over at Ray.
    The others went back to work, dealing with the zombies outside and helping the Union. Mick was getting twitchy. "Babe, you should move over there." Mick suggested. He looked sickly. I didn't want to but I got up and moved towards the desk Ray was at across the room. "Raymond, please hurry. I don't like the way this is going." Martin said, not taking his eyes off Mick. "You don't like the way this is going?" Mick asked, sounding a bit crazed. "How close are you to formulating a working vaccine?" Martin asked, for like the twentieth time. "Very. I think." Ray answered. He grabbed a syringe. Ray sighed and got up, going to Micks side. Martin and I followed. "Raymond, I'm counting on you." Mick told him. "Don't worry Mick, I got you." Ray assured him. "Here we go." Ray said. Mick was taking deep breaths and looking at me. He injected the vaccine into Mick's arm. Mick yelled and struggled. His heart race increased. We all jumped back. "What's happening?" Martin asked. "His heart rates spiking!" Ray yelled. "Gideon, administer a sedative!" I yelled. Too late. Mick's eyes turned red. He growled and ripped his the restraints off. Martin had backed to the door. I grabbed Rays arm, trying to pull him back. "Zombie!! Zombie!!" Martin yelled. "ZOMBIE! ZOMBIE!" Martin continued to tell. "Screaming isn't helping!" Ray shouted as Mick got up. Ray grabbed my arm and shoved me towards the exit. He grabbed another vaccine off the table and ran out after me. "Gideon! Put the ship on lock down!" Ray ordered. Martin had backed into a corner. "Lock down mode activated." Gideon announced. The doors sealed shut. "What the hell?!" I shouted. I had my hands on my face and I was pacing. My boyfriend was a zombie. What the hell. Oh god. What was I gonna do? We had to cure him. "Hey, calm down. We can do this. We can figure this out." Ray said, stopping me. I nodded. "Okay, what do we do?" I asked. Ray looked around. "I have no idea yet." He admitted. "Great." I mumbled. Martin was still in the corner looking horrified.

The ship was deadly silent. And it was dark except for the red emergency lights. "We have to do something. I can't leave my boyfriend as a zombie!" I argued with Martin. Martin was so scared he was considering just leaving. Ray decided the best plan was to try to sedate Mick. Again. The doors opened to the medbay only to reveal it empty. "Ray, where the hell is he?" I asked, trying to stay quiet. Martin was looking around with wide eyes. "He's loose on the ship." Ray said.

Well it looks like Mick found us first. He charged towards Ray and pushed him back. "Ray!" I shouted. Mick came at me and shoved me. I fell back and my head slammed against the wall. I lay still for a moment and Mick continued past me. I tried to sit up. Martin was no where in sight but Ray was unconscious a few feet away. I crawled over to him. "Ray? Ray? Please wake up. We need you." I whispered, shaking his arm. Martin must have taken the fire extinguisher that had the cure in it. It was the only way to cure Mick. I moved Ray out of the way and got up, running after Mick.
I rushed around the corner just in time to see Mick kneeling on the floor and Martin getting to his feet. "Mick?" I asked. He turned and looked at me. No red eyes. "Mick!" I said happily, running to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist as he got up, hugging me tightly. "Are you okay?" He asked, noticing the blood on my head. "It's just a bump, don't worry." I assured him. Mick frowned at me. I stretched up and pressed me lips to his, wiping the frown away. "Where's Haircut?" Mick asked after pulling away. I remembered Ray who I had left on the floor. I made my way back to Ray. He was already sitting up. "Mick?" Ray asked, squinting up. "Not a zombie." Mick confirmed. He held out a hand and pulled Ray from the ground. "Good job boyscout!" I said, pulling Ray into a hug. "Thanks, I've got to tell the others!" Ray said, rushing off with Martin in tow. Mick slipped an arm around my waist and pulled me to him. "Feeling better then?" I asked, smiling up at him. "Like my old self." He assured me, picking me up and kissing me.