Dead (Mick Rory)

"Why am I still here?" Leonard Snart asked from across the room. Cisco and I both rolled our eyes. Barry was working with criminals again. Naturally it was Captain Cold. Snart had made himself quite comfortable on the couch and was watching Cisco tinker with a new machine. "So I can kill you.." I muttered quielty. Cisco chuckled at my comment. "Oh please, you wouldn't hurt me." Snart said loudly. "I'll do it right now if you don't shut up." I threatened him. He simply grinned back at me. The elevator opened and a big muscular guy came walking in. I grabbed the gun I kept hidden under my desk and pointed it at the guy. He froze when he saw me. He didn't look scared or worried but more, impressed. "Y/N this is Mick, my partner in crime." Snart said, pointing from me to Mick. I lowered my gun, almost liking the way Mick was staring at me. He leaned down to Snart. "Now her, I like." He said with a big smile. Mick winked at me as he made his way over to the front of the couch and sat with Snart. I let out a small chuckle and put the gun away. So that was Mick Rory. Heat Wave. The others had mentioned him before but I never knew what he looked like. Cisco snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Earth 1 to Y/ N.." Cisco said. I rolled my eyes and playfully hit his arm. Cisco tinkered with the big machine in front of us. The machine was like a gun and it went off suddenly, blasting a hole in the wall closest to us. I had moved back so quick my chair fell backwards on to the floor. Mick got to his feet and offered me a hand. I smiled and grabbed it. He easily pulled me to my feet. "I'm sorry Y/N! Are you okay?" Cisco asked, jumping to his feet. He cleared his throat and looked at me and then Mick. Mick didn't look ready to let go of me. I blushed slightly and stepped back, brushing off my skirt. "I'm fine Cisco, don't worry." I said. Cisco gave me a fake smile. "Thanks." I said breathlessly to Mick. "Anytime." Mick winked at me and made his way back to the couch.

That was the start of it. The start of Mick and I. It killed me not to tell the others that Mick and I were together but I knew they wouldnt approve. The way they talked about him... they hated him. And the more they talked about it, the more I drifted away from them. I rarely talked to the team now. I was slowly becoming invisible to them. I told Mick and Snart about it. "Fake your death or something." Snart suggested. "Or just quit." Mick added, punching Snart in the arm. "No Mick, hes right. If I just quit, they would never leave me alone." I told him. Mick looked worringly at me. I did it. I faked my death. With their help of course. I 'died' in a fire. I had moved all my stuff into a loft near where Snart and Mick lived and then pretended to die in my old apartment. Mick got a body from the morgue. Then he lit the place on fire. Snart waited and then called the cops. We watched from a distance as Team Flash arrived. Barry ran inside after the fire had been put out. After a few minutes he returned to the others outside and shook his head. Cisco hugged Caitlin as she cried. "Lets go." I said, getting up. I couldnt watch anymore. To them, I was a burned up, crispy body.
....
3 months later...

"Y/N?" Mick called out as he came home. Snart followed him through the door. I got up from my seat on the couch. "What?" I asked, leaning over the edge. Mick leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. "Ugh." Snart said. I smiled and sat back. "Ran into the Flash again." Snart told me, kicking my feet off the coffee table. I looked down at my hands for a second. "How did it go?" I asked as Mick came to the couch and moved me so I was sitting in his lap. "Same as always. He still thinks Mick murdered you." Snart answered. I sighed. "Just because 'I died in a fire' does not mean Mick murdered me." I mumbled. "When can I go on a job?" I asked. Mick and Snart looked at each other for a minute. "Maybe that's not the best idea." Snart told me, sitting on the arm of the couch. "What?!" I shouted. "Babe, they think you're dead." Mick reminded me. "What if The Flash sees you?" Snart asked. I rolled my eyes. "He won't! I'll be careful! Please?" I begged them both.

   I think this was the first time that Snart was actually worried. I accidentally triggered an alarm. The Flash zoomed into the building. He looked around the room and rolled his eyes when he saw Snart in the corner with a bag of stolen jewelry and then he glanced over at Mick and I. At first Barry didn't think anything of me being there. Then I saw his eyes go wide and he looked at me again. "Y/N? It can't be. You're..." Barry said in surprise. "Dead? Nope." I told him. "Surprise." I said with a grin on my face. Barry ran towards me and picked me up. "Allen no!" I shouted. But it was too late. I was already standing in the middle of Star Labs. I heard a gasp and saw Caitlin drop a tablet. Harrison turned around from his desk and dropped the screw driver that he had been flipping around. Cisco froze as he walked into the room. "Yah guys, I'm alive." I said, rolling my eyes. Caitlin ran to me and threw her arms around me, almost knocking me over. Cisco ran to me and threw his arms around us both. "Guys..." Barry said. Cisco and Caitlin both let go and looked at Barry. "What happened to you?" Cisco asked. "I faked my death." I told them, shrugging. Harrison eyed me suspiciously. "Wait... What?" Cisco asked. "Why?!" Caitlin yelled. "Because I didn't want to be the hero! And that was my only choice! So I started over, I joined my boyfriend. I became a villain." I explained. "Your boyfriend?" Harrison asked. "Mick Rory." I told them. Caitlin's mouth was hanging open. "Heat Wave?" Cisco asked, looking proud of the nickname he had given Mick months ago. "But we though he-" Caitlin said. "Murdered me? Burned down my empty apartment with me inside?" I finished. "Yah... there was a funeral and everything!" Caitlin told me. I nodded, I saw that. "I'm sorry but I didn't want this life anymore." I told them. "So faking your death was the only choice?" Barry asked. "If I hadn't, you would've tried to stop me. Or try to stop Mick. There was no way you would willingly let me go off and become a villain." I explained. Barry opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by yelling. "Who the hell do you think you are?!" Mick shouted, storming into the lab. Snart came strolling in behind him. "Okay that's it, I'm firing the security guards." Harrison complained. Mick stood between Barry and I. "I will burn you to a crisp you-" Mick threatened Barry. "That's enough Mick." Snart said, sounding bored. Mick glared and turned to face me. His expression immediately softened. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded and let him pull me into a hug and then wrap an arm around me. "Can we work something out so I don't have to arrest you guys?" Barry asked. Snart raised an eyebrow. "Maybe... What do you have to offer?" He asked.

    It took an hour to work something out. I had to keep Mick calmed down and that was not easy. Occasionally he would threaten to burn down the entire building or even the city. Finally we all just agreed to stay out of each other's way. I knew that was going to be a hard thing to do for Barry since we were the bad guys he was trying to stop. "So I'm guessing you don't want anyone to know you're alive?" Barry asked as we walked towards the exit. I let Snart and Mick walk ahead. "Not right now. Maybe some day. It's better this way." I told Barry. He frowned at me. "Be careful." He said, pulling me into a hug. "Where's the fun in that?" I said as I made my way back to Mick who was waiting for me with an arm ready to put around me.