29//Fear

--DISCLAIMER--
I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF

~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 29

FEAR

~~~~~~~~~~

When Crystal reached Stiles' house that night, she was pretty sure that there was some clear tension between the two. She was well aware of the fact that they hadn't been on speaking terms that day as well as the day before, but there was something else that wasn't adding up. Due to the fact that Stiles' dad was in fact the Sheriff, and had turned up at the station to see an unconscious fake deputy lying on the floor with his son -along with his son's friend-standing over him, meant that Mr. Stilinski would have to stay at the station. Not before scolding Stiles and Crystal of course. The brunette teenager realised only then, that this means her and the boy she likes would be alone. At his house. No parental supervision. Yikes.

Stiles silently lead Crystal up stairs to his room, and all Crystal could think was that this would be the second time she would step foot in his room. She wasn't going to lie, she was freaking out. Stiles pushed the door open with a sigh and Crystal awkwardly walked in the room. He still had the same Star Wars posters displayed over the walls, along with a few 'Mets' ones. Sometimes it worried Crystal how much Stiles loved The Mets. He was literally worse than those 'directioners' or whatever the hell they call it.

She smiled upon seeing his room. Nothing had really changed. Apart from the fact that his once single bed was now a double bed.

Deciding to ease the tension, she plopped down on the bed with a sigh, resting on her stomach as she held her chin in her hands. "Okay. There's something wrong. What's up?"

Stiles sat at his desk, aimlessly flicking through the pages of a book. Crystal narrowed her eyes on him. He wasn't actually reading it. His eyes were fixed on one spot, and his leg continuously jiggled up and down. She cleared her throat before beginning to speak once more. "Stiles? You wanted to talk..."

With a heavy sigh, he slammed the book shut, tossing it on his messy desk with a thud. "I'm mad at you."

Taken back by the venom in his voice, she raised an eyebrow, eyeing the boy. His body was rigid, stiff. The only time she had seen him like this was the night of the formal. When they were in the car with Peter. What was his problem? "Me? Why are you mad at me?"

Finally, he snapped.

"You could've gotten hurt, Criss! You just don't think before you act. Isaac could've hurt you. That hunter almost hurt you-- and I hate that there's nothing I can do about it." He almost yelled, his voice echoing off of the walls. She stared at him, wide eyed as her jaw hung open.

She hated the way those words rolled off his tongue with such ease. Does he really think of her as a stupid little girl who can't defend herself?

"What, so you think I can't protect myself? I don't need your protection, Stiles. And incase you didn't know, but I'm not a kid. I can handle it." She scoffed. This was not how she hoped their conversation would go, but hey ho, it could turn around.

"That-- Jesus Criss, that's not what I meant, okay? I hate seeing you hurt. That night of the formal, I-I thought you died, okay? I thought you died in my arms, and there was nothing I could've done about it. You just don't care about getting hurt, a- and I thought that I-- agh, I don't know--" Stiles buried his head in his hands and took a deep breath. Crystal sat there, staring at him in confusion. There was something that he way trying to say, and he seemingly had difficulty spitting it out.