39// The Battlefield

--DISCLAIMER--
ya boi does not own teen wolf or anything to do with this amazing show that ended far too early imo. Thank u and goodnight.

~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER

THE BATTLEFIELD

~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't want to talk to you."

Crystal bit her chapped, cold lips, fumbling with a loose string hanging from the sleeve of her sweater. Ms. Morrell studied the brunette, her hands clasped together and a distant look in her eye. The teenager didn't feel like talking, she was tired of talking. She was tired of thinking, of wanting to do something about the situation that they were all in. There was nothing left to do. Matt is dead, he apparently drowned. Crystal knows that there is something not completely right about Matt's death, but she wasn't entirely sure what. She was scared, terrified even. Nobody was talking to anyone, the only person Crystal had been talking to over the past twelve hours was Stiles. Lydia was doing god knows what, Scott was too busy trying to get his mom to stop avoiding him and Allison wasn't coming to school, her mother's death having hit her pretty hard. However, she had heard from Scott that Allison had shown up at the station last night with the hunters, a crossbow in hand and the intention to kill Derek.

Crystal anxiously rubbed at the sore spot on her arm, blinking faster to try and keep her eyes open. The brunette hadn't gotten any sleep at all the night before, too worried to let her eyes fall shut, her mind wandering continuously and not allowing her to rest.

"Criss. What is it going to take for you to open up to me?" Ms. Morrell asked, her tone sounding bored. Crystal knew that there was no point in opening up to her, what good was it going to do?

Ms. Morrell sighed, leaning forward and resting her elbows on the desk separating the two. Crystal didn't move.

"I'm not your enemy, Criss. Why don't you tell me about last night? Or how you feel about Matt's death." Ms. Morrell asked, cocking her head to the side as she watched Crystal finally lift her gaze up to meet hers.

"I don't feel anything about Matt's death, Ms. Morrell. I don't feel sorry for him. I won't." The teenager answered blatantly.

"Would you feel sorry for the nine year old Matt who drowned?" Morrell asked.

Crystal sighed, running a hand through her hair. "He killed people, all because they played a stupid prank on him. He was insane."

Morrell just studied the girl, watching as she became more unhinged by the second. "And by the way, the Sheriff told me that the police found a bunch of pictures of me on his computer. It wasn't just of me though, he photoshopped himself into these pictures; stuff like us holding hands and kissing," Crystal shivered, cringing at the thought. "It's like he built this whole... fake relationship. So, yeah, maybe drowning when he was younger is what set him off the rails but it was much more deeper than that. A whole lot deeper than that."

"Yes, I believe Stiles has already told me about the pictures situation." Morrell said. "But one positive thing came out of this, right?"

Crystal knew what Morrell meant, Stiles' dad getting his job back for solving the murders. Crystal nodded, a ghost of a smile appearing on her face. "Yeah, it did. But I just... I still feel like something is going to go terribly wrong. There's this-- thick tension surrounding everyone. It's hard to talk to anyone now."

"How about your friends? Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Jackson? What about Allison?" Morrell spoke up. Crystal shrugged, softly rubbing her arm.