Chapter 14: I love you too Race.

3 weeks and 5 days later...

"She still not willing to talk to me?"

Freeda pursed her lips as she held Kai's phone. Watching the woman rubbing down at her baby bump that stem visible now, she sighed when Kai begged her with her eyes.

"She's not mad," Freeda said softly, "well she is...but the reason she can't talk right now is because she desperately wants to fill herself with food right now. So maybe later?"

The boy sighed over the phone. Freeda knew he wasn't buying it. "It's been a month and a bit more than expected, I understand her being mad," he said softly, wanting so badly to just come home already.

"What you doing away anyway?" Freeda asked curiously, smiling reassuringly over at Kai who simply watched Freeda talk to Shawn over the phone. The fact that the woman was on her bed and Kai could hear the man's voice from where she sat caused her insides to turn. She opened and closed her dry mouth, trying not to shudder at the taste of last night's food still disgustingly lingering.

"Preparing."

"Preparing for what?"

"Being a responsible father."

Freeda rolled her eyes, "The kid hasn't come out yet. I think you should focus on being here for your pregnant girlfr-"

Kai slouched a tad bit at that, heart aching slowly.

Freeda wanted to rip her tongue out of her mouth, not knowing why she almost accidentally chimed out chaos.

"I uh," the boy struggled, "I know I probably should."

"Come back then," Freeda said, trying to move past from such a bomb.

"I will as soon as I get this surprise down and sealed I'll be back."

"How's Jimin? He been doing what I asked of him?" Shawn asked chuckling lightly.

Kai's jaw clenched at that as she hugged at her protruding stomach.

Freeda felt bad at her best friend's downed expression. Sighing, she responded back to Shawn. "Jimin's been great. He's been helping out a lot," she said softly, trying to give the boy at least some insight to their lives over here.

Shawn had been calling repeatedly for the past week now, but Kai didn't dare call back or respond. Freeda assumed at first it was about her anger...but now, it merely seemed like Kai was afraid to speak to the boy.

"Ay my Chim pulled through," the man said laughing, focusing on possibly calling his friend later if he got the chance.

"More like pulled out when I walked in," Freeda mumbled.

Kai's eyes widened as she slapped her friends knee and Freeda's face scrunched up in slight pain. "Ow okay" she mouthed, unaware of the confused Shawn over the line.

"Pulled out?"

"Alright don't be a stranger!" Freeda chimed as she moved the phone away from her ear, "Bye!"

Shawn was cut off as Freeda gave over the phone to Kai. Having the woman thank her as she put her phone away, Freeda groaned when the phone rang again instantly. Moving to look at it and expecting to the be Shawn, Freeda looked over at the number of the other boy Kai had been avoiding.

Kai shook her head over at Freeda but she didn't listen as she put the phone to her ear again. Kai sighed at her best friend being stubborn.

"Jimin," Freeda greeted sweetly, "hello."