Chapter 23: Dares

"Kai?" Shawn mumbled in his sleep, snuggling into the pillow underneath him as he slowly found consciousness. He smiled slightly in his sleep when hearing a soft voice call out for him.

Tired and aching eyes fluttering open to meet a familiar face he had been seeing for the past few days ever since he woke up from the induced-coma, Shawn smiled lightly when seeing the brunette before him. His heart however sunk when realizing that he wasn't with Kai but with Kylie in a closed off medical-friendly room.

"How long was I out for now?" he asked, his voice cracking near the end since it was still so hard to form sentencing after waking up a few days ago..

"This night you slept for 6 hours without waking up terrified," the woman sang out irritably, "good for you."

"I'm sorry my nightmares inconvenience you," he spat, moving slightly underneath the blanket. He tried not to wince when he moved his once broken leg, the strain on his muscles agonizing. No wonder they had me in a coma for this painful shit...

"I've been trying to leave for months and when I finally got my out, they brought you here," she grumbled, laying down next to him. They had been forced to share the bed since the start, Kylie was stuck to taking care of him and making sure he didn't die. She was happy he woke up and was alive, but hated it almost every time he opened his mouth to talk. Can he just fall back into that coma again?

"What were you doing again?" Shawn piped, trying not to groan when he moved his stiff knee.

"I was studying to be a doctor," she mumbled, annoyed that she was stuck here, "that was before they pulled me into this mess."

"Well consider yourself a graduate," Shawn piped out, "you saved my life."

"I did," she let out smug, grinning to herself.

"We'll get outta here," Shawn said under his breath, jaw clenching from swearing when he moved his body to sit up.

"I might," she said slowly, still laying down, "but you probably won't Shawn."

His brows furrowed deeply at that. "Why would you say that?" he asked completely confused over her negative attitude towards the idea of his freedom.

About to spill the beans on what Gri and Huli were up to, Kylie thought of Kai and Shawn's life. Gri and Huli now knew everything possible about the boy and she knew they'd use it as leverage against him. They knew everything.

"Because you're here to fight now," a voice lowly let out, breaking the silence between Kylie and Shawn when the door opened up from the outside.

Shawn's eyes narrowed when spotting Gri. Gri, being the man who beat him to almost death, Shawn would recognize him as the one who stole his jacket and his smokes. Huli followed after Gri into the room. Shawn rolled his eyes at the sight of Huli. The man didn't make him as angry compared to Gri. The very presence of Gri made Shawn uncomfortable.

"Hi hi pretty boy," Gri sang out, flicking at his tongue near the end of his greeting.

"Suck a dick," Shawn piped, struggling in standing up. Kylie helped him slowly as she got up too and he thanked her. He was so grateful to have her around for the past few days. The fact that she actually managed to put his bones back together again was almost a miracle in Shawn's eyes.

"Don't roll that way," the man piped before tossing over the ring's container over to Shawn. Shawn caught it, his eyes hardened immediately when knowing it was the ring.

"Where the fuck did you get this?" Shawn spat, anger and concern filling his insides. "I swear if you hurt anyone I-"

"Oh hush," Gri spat back, "we haven't hurt anyone."