Chapter 18: Fuck You Jimin

Shawn bounced at the circular basketball, trying to keep his eyes on all that were crowding awkwardly by the center of the run-down court. Although it wasn't the court he used to play at with you in Canada, the playground here in Korea wasn't half as sucky. The rims were on the basketball nets and that was all that really mattered to him.

One thing confused him however. "So on your birthday," he started slowly, whispering smugly over at you as you tied at your shoelaces, "you want to play basketball with Racy, Iris, her sex tape boyfriend- which i just found out about by the way- and your boyfriend?"

You shoved him, trying not to laugh at your stressed out friend. He kept looking over at Iris and Yoongi ever since they had arrived to the court after your instructions. You couldn't hold your laughter much, this is a lot to take in for him all at once.

"Well Jungkook was going to leave us four," you sighed, tying your second shoe, "but I've been an ass with baggage lately and knew this would be a great way to blow off some steam."

"Baggage?" he asked confused and you smile lightly at Shawn.

"Just been a bit all over the place that's all," you piped softly, trying not to remember the birthday party that was a disaster.

Shawn didn't know if he should push your buttons even though he was insanely curious. Swearing as he simply looked back over at the court, he noticed Iris uncomfortable around Racy.

"Why Racy?" he asked and you stretched your arms, smiling over at your boyfriend quick as he talked to everyone, trying to lighten the mood.

"She's my friend," you sighed out, trying not to remember the moment she had kissed you. It was a confusing shock, but it saddened you that you couldn't return those feelings back. It was different. You loved Jungkook...plus I'm hella straight.

You couldn't imagine her predicament however. Being in love with a boy who will never love you back because he's into another chick is one thing, but being in love with someone that physically and mentally may never be attracted to you is heart breaking...

"Since when?" Shawn asked breathless, still so confused over what exactly he had missed while gone away.

"Since we were young," you smirked as you said it in order to piss him off. He rolled his eyes as you rushed over to the center of the court.

Shawn sighed to himself when seeing you cheerfully try to engage everyone into the game.

"Alright Shawny boy," he muttered to himself, trying to pick himself up, "let's play some ball."

-

"Girls versus boys?" Jungkook asked so confused, looking over at his team and then back at Iris, Racy and you. He was in awe.

Shawn didn't see anything wrong with it.

Yoongi just looked upset, his form not here as he seemed to be lost in his thoughts ever since he had gotten here with Iris.

Iris kept looking over at the man in sadness and Shawn noticed, his forehead crinkling. He didn't say anything however, simply observing the two as Jungkook and you teased one another.

"What, don't think we'll kick your ass?" you piped, high fiving Iris and then Racy, trying to look intimidating but realizing that you had Iris on your team.

"No I really don't think you will," Jungkook said laughing, glancing over at Iris.

Iris's brows furrowed at that. Raising out her middle finger, she swung it over at the maknae. Jungkook's smile fell immediately when her cute face moved in the most deadly glare he had ever seen on her.