Chapter 34: it was worth the wait.

A/N: I rarely edit my shit so I apologize for the mistakes that might be present.

and oooh ohh, that gif is familiar no? *wink wonk*

-

16 year old Shawn, three to four years back, beat, angry, yet still grinning as his sister aided over at the scar under his ear.

"Shawn you've got to stop this," she said softly, mumbling under her breath as she used the alcohol on the little white sponge to dab over the blood that dried over on her brother's open cuts.

His parents had to grab him from the police station about three times at this point. This being the fourth time, Serina knew it was slowly starting to exhaust Shawn's sweet parents who would yell and beg for him to "straighten up".

"Can't sis," he said, jaw clenching as he tried not to wince at the numbing sting that ran across his neck, "my boys need me."

"Screw them," she whined, hating that her brother was some next level gang leader, "why not just do what your family wants for a change."

"I have a loyalty I can't just ditch," he said softly, staring over at his baby sister who was close to tears as she aided him. She was so tiny and delicate, he smiled lightly at her pale skin that didn't seem to compel with his at all. She was adorable and cute, he wanted to protect her from everything and everyone.

"What about your loyalty to your family," Serina said softly, pushing the big framed glasses onto her nose. The glasses overpowered her entire small face, the rims bigger than the distance between each of her cheekbones.

"I've always got my family's back," he smugly cooed, "I'll always watch over you..."

"I know you will," she snapped lightly, hating that bandaging up his cuts was becoming a regular thing now. Sometimes she would watch him come late at night with blood all over him. It was never his blood.

"Smile," he cooed, trying to tickle at her sides above her baggy nightgown. She squirmed, giggling away. Her mouth opened as she squeaked and her glasses almost flew off her face.

Shawn smiled, having his hands move onto his lap as he sat there, shirtless and bruised. He eyed the young girl before him intensely. "So I've heard you've been hanging around Jordan a lot," he said slowly, eyes narrowing over the idea of his baby sister liking one of the younger members of his gang.

Shawn hated having any of them near his family. They were his family too, but never did he want any harm come to his immediate family because of what his members might pull stupidly. There was rivalry in his city between him and three more solid groups. There was no room for rumours regarding his little sister and Jordan. There was no room for her to get hurt.

"We're just friends," she said softly, seeing right through him. Her brother was insanely protective over her and she was scared to ever really break through out of her shy shell to even lay eyes on a boy.

"Mhm," he mumbled, jaw flexing as he eyed her barely meeting his eyes.

"I feel bad for your daughter in the future," Serina piped, trying to make the situation lighter as she giggled gently.

Shawn's brows creased, "There's no way I'm becoming stupid enough to get a chick pregnant," he mumbled, trying not to cringe at the idea of being stuck with a wailing and crying child in his arms for the rest of his breathing life.

"Or a sonnnn," Serina cooed, knowing Shawn would grow protective no matter what sex the baby was.

"Again," Shawn spat, annoyed and in pain, "Fuck children. You know I hate that shit."