Sixteen

"Don't make any plans for tonight." Marc said coming up behind Odelia as they walked out of French. Odelia jumped a little before looking up at him confused.

"Why?" She asked making Marc smile.

"We're going to have a bestfriend day and I'm going to treat you to dinner and then we can go and see a movie." Marc announced making Odelia smile.

"Okay then. That sounds fun." Odelia smiled.

It had now been two weeks since Odelia and Paulo broke up and a week since Fernando's party. Odelia still wasn't on good speaking terms with Paulo but she had heard from Melany that he was now speaking regularly to the girl from the party. Her name was Hannah and from what she had heard; she was supposed to be really nice.

Fernando and Odelia were both talking to each other more frequently now. Fernando swore to her that he was not going to speak to any other girls respect her and so far he seemed to be speaking the truth.

"Great, I'll meet you at five at my room and then I'll drive us into town. I heard that new burger place that opened up is nice." Marc spoke with a huge smile on his face which was extremely infectious.

"Okay, have I to go fancy or...?" Odelia asked.

"Do whatever you want. You'll look great either way." Marc said simply making Odelia nod. They walked into the cafeteria. It was now drilled into Odelia's head to sit at the opposite end of the lunch table from Paulo. They would both join in during big conversations; however when it wa een close to being just one of them, then one would leave to avoid awkwardness.

"Are you free next period?" Marc asked Odelia and she nodded.

"Yeah."

"Want to come outside and watch us guys play football?" Marc asked.

"I'm going to finish off that portrait of you in Art and then I'll come over and watch."

"You'll support me right?" He asked making her smile with a chuckling laugh.

"Of course, I'll make a sign saying; MY BEST FRIEND ROCKS!" She shouted making him laugh.

"Thanks I appreciate that."

"You to need stop with this fluffy best friend shit. It's making me sick." rafinha said sticking out his tongue. Both Odelia and Marc just laughed.

The bell then rang and Odelia headed over to Art while the boys went to P.E to get changed. She only had to finish off some minor details in the painting.

It only took her a few moments before the painting was finally done and Odelia was now walking outside. She had taken off her blazer due to the heat outside and the heat in the school. She ran a hand through her hair and walked out into the humid weather. It wasn't a good type of heat as well. There was no wing which didn't provide a comfortable day.

"Hi!" Odelia shouted as she walked onto the astroturf pitches as took a seat at the side on one of the benches.

"Where's my sign?" Marc shouted to Odelia quickly pulled out her timetable and scribbled the writing on it before holding it up for Marc to see. He winked before continuing on in the game.

Odelia took out her phone and started messaging Melany who was on a free period as well, but she had to finish off a small part of her project in Physics again but she was coming out afterwards.

Odelia laughed to herself as she took Snapchats of all her her friends of her zooming in on their faces while they played.

"Hello!" Melany shouted jumping down on the bench making Odelia laugh.