Twenty Seven

"So you two are done now?" Marc asked Odelia. It had been a day since her and Fernando broke up. She had been crying non stop and was in need of her friends to support her.

She couldn't believe that Fernando cheated on her. She loved him, and still did. Every time she thought of him, she wanted it not to be true. She hoped that she could go back in time and it not happen. She wanted to see him and she wanted him to tell her he loved her and them try to make it work.

But she'd hate herself for it.

She saw how unhappy her parents were with each other. They tried to love each other again. Instead they live in an unhappy house with Odelia to deal with it, as they travelled the world, leaving her with butlers and maids.

She had no one to talk to about her feelings.

She was so alone back then.

Even though she had her friends back then, she never felt truly comfortable talking to them about her feelings.

But with Marc and her friends at Hentford. She was different. She knew she could take to them about anything.

"Come here." Marc said, pulling his best friend into his chest. She rested her head on his chest and cried a bit more. Her chest was sore from all her crying. She was breathing heavy and couldn't stop her choked sobs.

"I love him." She whispered as Marc kissed her hair. He let out a sigh.

He knew she loved him, no matter how much he tried to help her try to move on, she loved him.

"I know you do." Marc kissed her hair and rubbed her back soothingly. "I know you do Odelia. But you can't go back to him. Not after what he did to you." Marc whispered as Odelia nodded against his chest.

"I know. I know. I know." Odelia repeated but her heart hurt at the thought of Fernando cheating on her with Madlynn. The thought of them kissing, touching each other and connecting. Odelia felt sick.

"I hate him so much Marc, but I love him too." Odelia let out a loud sob.

"I know Odelia, but I love you and I can't let you go back with him. I can't see you get hurt again because it will pain me so much to see you get hurt again." Marc caressed his best friend's cheek and kissed the top of her head.

Odelia thanked him with a tight up before letting out a small laugh.

"This probably isn't the best time to break up with me. A girl on her period is never a good thing." Odelia explained with a laugh making Marc laugh again.

"I love you Odelia." Marc whispered against her hair. Odelia let out a sigh and lost her breath. Her heart sped up at his voice but she ignored it.

"I love you too Marc."

"Come'n let's go to the shop and get some ice cream and a shit comedy to watch." Marc said, moving from under Odelia before pulling her up with him. "Now, wipe away your tears," Marc said, slowly wiping his thumb under her eye. Odelia soothed into his touch. Loving the comforting way that he was treating her. Marc was the best thing she could have asked for. "And let's move on. Together." He smiled and pecked a small kiss on her nose making Odelia let out a silent giggle.

"Okay." Odelia wrapped her coat around her and followed Marc out to his car.

Odelia immediately noticed a difference. His car smelt fresh, a simple smell of orange floated around. She sniffed and looked around. Usually there was a hinting smell of smoke in the car. Occasionally there would be a cigarette packet as well, but the car was spotless.

"What happened in here?" Odelia laughed as Marc bit his lip and let out a small laugh.

"I got the car cleaned...and I stopped. I told you I would if you wanted me to..." Marc then lifted up the sleeve of his top to show the nicotine patch. "It's easier than I thought."