Eighteen

Odelia woke and straight away she knew that today would not be her day. She was woken by Melany who told her to get up, but she ignored her and continued sleeping. Odelia now really regretted that decision because she was extremely late for class.

"Merde! Merde! Merde!" She shouted the curse over and over again in her head while quickly getting ready.

She looked terrible. Her hair was in a bun at the top of her head which looked like a birds nest at the top of her head. Her eyes were lightly lined with black from mascara from the day before. Her cheeks had a red flush to them and her skin was uneven due to the different pigments in her skin when she wasn't wearing foundation.

She ran into class and apologised repeatedly to the teacher before sitting down in her seat. Melany teased her and Odelia's response every time was flipping Odelia the middle finger.

"Don't you look amazing." Marc teased while lightly punching her on the shoulder.

"Leave me alone. I was tired and I needed my sleep." Odelia complained leaning her head on his shoulders while shutting her eyes.

"Miss Hawk, I would appreciate it if you didn't sleep in my class after coming late." The teacher said sternly making Odelia sit up in her seat and pay attention.

Odelia listened in and scribbled down notes in her jotter but at the same time she was drawing doodles as well.

The class finished fifteen minutes later and Odelia walked to history.

When she walked in the class, Paulo was already sitting at their twin table.

Both of them requested to move from each other to spare the awkwardness, however the teacher didn't accept their requests so the two had to still sit next to each other.

Odelia sat down quietly and hoped that Rafinha and Nova would come in soon.

"So how are you?" Paulo asked suddenly making Odelia turn to look at him. She wondered why he was even trying to speak to her, but she still replied.

"Fine." Was her simple answer which made Paulo roll his eyes.

He understood what he did wrong. He probably shouldn't have freaked out over Odelia and Fernando dancing together and he probably shouldn't have slept with Hanna the week later. But he thought that she would have been over it by now.

"I'm sorry Odelia. I didn't mean to hurt you." Paulo said, watching more people walk into the class. He really didn't want to bring attention to this.

"Wow, an apology like after two month. Good one Paulo." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"Well at least I'm apologising Odelia! I could have just left it."

Odelia didn't reply to him. Except she just ignored him and stared straight ahead and waited for the teacher to start the lesson.

Unfortunately it didn't go in Odelia's favour. The teacher had assigned them the task of working together in pairs to produce a report on the period of history they were studying.

Odelia and Paulo both let out a little sigh at the news.

Paulo tried to make the best of what they had to do. He tried to converse with Odelia but she refused to speak to him.

"Odelia, for fuck's sake! Talk to me." He exclaimed, making Rafinha and Nova turn to look at them, as well as many in their class looking over at them.

"Paulo..." Both Rafinha and Nova said at the same time, but Odelia and Paulo ignored them.

"No! I don't want to speak to an asshole so I won't. Fils de pute!" She shouted at him.